Boxing Day morning on the heath

Upload pictures of your dogs here!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

JudyN

Boxing Day morning on the heath

Post by JudyN »

And this evening... on the scrounge, with DS2 and his GF. He's been on the scrounge for most of the last two days and been rather successful :oops: :lol:

Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
DianeLDL

Re: Boxing Day morning on the heath

Post by DianeLDL »

JudyN,

What gorgeous photos! Jasper is nice in them, too, but wow, they would be fantastic to add to your book. You really caught the light and the trees and the heath beautifully. :D

Now, I know what you mean when you talk about walking in the heath. :D

By the way, seeing Jasper with DS2 at the table really shows how tall Jasper is. :D
Diane
Sandy, Chihuahua mix b. 12/20/09
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Yup, no table top is safe with Jasper about! I can't take the credit for the photos - OH took those. And on his phone, too!

We're spoilt here - we have three separate areas of heath within just over a mile - this is the smallest, Dunyeats Hill, but is still a few acres.
DianeLDL

Post by DianeLDL »

JudyN wrote:Yup, no table top is safe with Jasper about! I can't take the credit for the photos - OH took those. And on his phone, too!

We're spoilt here - we have three separate areas of heath within just over a mile - this is the smallest, Dunyeats Hill, but is still a few acres.
Judy,

I am not surprised that OH took the photos. From knowing his creativity with music, photos are just another art form.

I do suggest that when you put your book together, you add some of his photos to it. It will add so much especially when you talk about the heath or the size of Jasper. The photos will add to your descriptions. :D

I can see how you and OH both have the creativity. By the way, the photos you did of OH playing music for Jasper are awesome, too. They would be great for the book, too. :D

I know you mentioned that in your home, the speakers and other equipment under the tables and stuff on the tables.

Well, we do not have a surface that doesn't have books and OH's ball caps on them, including the kitchen table. :wink:
We definitely need to buy some shelves. OH is even keeping books in the extra bathtub. :lol: he put plastic bags on the shower and bathtub heads to keep water from accidentally dripping down. :lol:

I can't talk, since I still have my sewing/quilting books on the floor and my notions still in boxes. Needless to say, Sandy isnt allowed in there, especially since there may even be pins on the floor (and I walk around in there barefoot. :roll: )

But, us creative types and bibliophiles have problems with finding places for all our stuff. :wink:

At least Sandy isn't tall enough to reach the table, but he can jump quite high, so the bananas and chocolate are hidden. He is smart enough to have climbed onto a chair to get a bag of trail mix off the table to the floor, where he ripped open a hole just large enough on the top to eat at least a handful of nuts. :evil:
(His poohs were filled with undigested nuts for two days. :roll: )
And, it is my fault for introducing him to natural peanut butter in his Kong. As well as my fault for introducing him to bananas, so last night, I witnessed him trying to jump onto the kitchen counter trying to reach the bunch of bananas. :oops:

Our dogs are smarter than we sometimes give them credit for. And it never fails that when we sit down with a nice hot cup of coffee, that is his signal to let us know it os time to go out potty. Sometimes, I think he is the one drinking the coffee. :D

I hope that you and all our other UK friends had a great Boxing Day!

Diane
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

I love the idea of keeping books in the second bath :lol:

I'm more of a thrower-outer myself, but OH is a hoarder. This has resulted in me getting rid of the odd item that he 'can't possibly still want' and getting into trouble... or more often, being accused of throwing out something that he's just lost :lol:
DianeLDL

Post by DianeLDL »

JudyN wrote:I love the idea of keeping books in the second bath :lol:

I'm more of a thrower-outer myself, but OH is a hoarder. This has resulted in me getting rid of the odd item that he 'can't possibly still want' and getting into trouble... or more often, being accused of throwing out something that he's just lost :lol:
OH and I are both hoarders of books although due to my eyes, I got rid of most of my books except my quilting ones. But, my problem is cutting articles out of magazines which I never look at again. 8)
OH still has papers from when he was working. We keep saying we will downsize, but it is so hard.
And, now, my eyes, can't deal with lots of the small print.

My mom throws everything away. Dad is a hoarder. I will hate to have to clean up his space when the time comes.

Diane
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

When OH and I got together, we each acquired a new library of books to read :lol: our house has books everywhere you can have books. I always wanted to have a stately-home type study where bookshelves would reach floor to ceiling, but instead I live in a cramped cottage with books - everywhere.

And we are still buying books. And no, a kindle doesn't cut it. We like books.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

boy, Jasper is a hansom devil isn't he.
Nettle wrote:When OH and I got together, we each acquired a new library of books to read :lol: our house has books everywhere you can have books. I always wanted to have a stately-home type study where bookshelves would reach floor to ceiling, but instead I live in a cramped cottage with books - everywhere.

And we are still buying books. And no, a kindle doesn't cut it. We like books.
I have always thought a library room would be cool, like the rich used to have. floor to ceiling book shelves, nice fire place, comfy chair.....

I do have a kindle, but there are some books I will NOT by on the kindle. I ended up buying my kindle because I was running out of place for books. What do now is buy my pleasure reading books on the kindle, but anything do with continuing eduction be it for my day job or dog related, that all still gets bought as real books.
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

jacksdad wrote:I do have a kindle, but there are some books I will NOT by on the kindle. I ended up buying my kindle because I was running out of place for books. What do now is buy my pleasure reading books on the kindle, but anything do with continuing eduction be it for my day job or dog related, that all still gets bought as real books.
I'm pretty much the same. OH and I are both reading the Game of Thrones books but I found the physical books quite cumbersome, and much easier to read on Kindle. In Defence of Dogs, though, works much better in book format.