Fat Boy Ari going on a diet... :-(

Upload pictures of your dogs here!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

ClareMarsh

Re: Fat Boy Ari going on a diet... :-(

Post by ClareMarsh »

Oh thank goodness, I was so worried about poor, poor, malnourished Ari :lol: :lol: :lol:
Proud owner of Ted and baby Ella
My blog about Ted http://tinkerwolf.com/
Ted's Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/Tinkerwolf
Ted's You Tube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TheTedVids
DianeLDL

Post by DianeLDL »

I just got caught up in an area I haven't visited before.

With his size Ari can handle a few pound up or down. Now, Sandy really has to watch his weight at 11.4 pound one pound makes a huge difference. :shock:

From hearing the added exercise, it sounds like you are getting as much a workout at Ari. So, your weight and health should be doing pretty well by now. :D

Now, I understand what you meant about having to get Ari back on his diet after Thanksgiving. :wink:

How has that been going for Ari. If you keep this up, I can see where Ari might like living with Jack. :lol:

Diane
Sandy, Chihuahua mix b. 12/20/09
Ari_RR

Post by Ari_RR »

We keep this up, even though with colder weather it's more of a challenge to go out running early in the morning... Just too damn cold! But we keep it up, and 2nd weekend in a row he weighed it an 103 lbs at the vet, 2+ lbs down from that 105. I agree - at over 100 a coupe of pounds either way is not a very big deal, but for some reason it made a difference to me... So I am quite proud and happy with the results, both the weight and the way he looks.

As for me - I think I can run a bit longer now before I have to stop and rest, especially running on flat trails or roads. Uphill is still a pain. But it's a start, and a first step in the right direction. We'll see...
DianeLDL

Post by DianeLDL »

Ari_RR wrote:We keep this up, even though with colder weather it's more of a challenge to go out running early in the morning... Just too damn cold! But we keep it up, and 2nd weekend in a row he weighed it an 103 lbs at the vet, 2+ lbs down from that 105. I agree - at over 100 a coupe of pounds either way is not a very big deal, but for some reason it made a difference to me... So I am quite proud and happy with the results, both the weight and the way he looks.

As for me - I think I can run a bit longer now before I have to stop and rest, especially running on flat trails or roads. Uphill is still a pain. But it's a start, and a first step in the right direction. We'll see...
Yes, two pounds can make a difference at that weight. I can feel it on myself when I go up or down s few pounds and Ari and I are very close in weight. :shock:

Now, the benefits to you are that you are getting into a better physical shape yourself. This will do wonders for your health. Keep up the good work. :D
Who needs a gym when you have Ari? Since I have been walking Sandy, I also have not been to the gym.

As to colder weather, dress in layers. Dont think you need to go out like Swanny, but look at winter runners.

Diane
Sandy, Chihuahua mix b. 12/20/09