Rowly - childhood dog

Upload pictures of your dogs here!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

bendog

Rowly - childhood dog

Post by bendog »

This is my old Cairn, probably unwittingly the start of my terrier addiction
:)

We didn't have him long, I don't remember exactly how long, but he was my cousins dads dog, and we looked after him for 2 weeks whilst he was on holiday, and when my parents went to take him home he told us we could keep him, so we did. I think he was about 7 years old at the time, and I was about 9.

Sadly a few years later my parents relationship deteriorated badly - there were a lot of arguments, and holes punched in walls and doors etc and the poor dog didn't cope well at all with all the shouting and used to run and hide and pee and poo himself, although no-one ever raised a finger to hurt him he would tremble with fear, so he went to live with a lovely older gentleman and his wife near the canal and had several more happy years with them. A couple of years of constant arguments later and my parents finally split up and 6 months later I got Bendog!

Me (on the left) and my brothers and a childhood friend (who I am still friends with and she nows owns the lurcher I walk/look after sometimes and who bumped my nose the other day! Rowly is the dog who cured her of her fear of dogs)

There are some really bad dog - baby pictures coming up. Please remember this was nearly 14 years ago (I know because my "baby" brother is now 14!) I was 10 years old and didn't know much about dogs, and my parents had never had a dog before either.

I remember Rowly as being very similar to Bendog in temperament. He was a lovely sweet boy, who wouldn't hurt a fly, not at all "terrier" really, although he did always show a rather unhealthy interest in our pet rabbits! :lol:
JudyN

Re: Rowly - childhood dog

Post by JudyN »

Aw, he's sweet. I do like cairns :D
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009