Jasper's portrait

Upload pictures of your dogs here!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

JudyN

Jasper's portrait

Post by JudyN »

A while back, searching for a picture for my newly decorated study, I stumbled across these pictures and fell in love: http://www.annawilsonpatterson.com/inde ... id=1205514

Unfortunately, they're smaller than I want, and not cheap, and her larger ones are even more expensive, and though I'd love to commission a picture of Jasper, that would cost silly money... However, much to my surprise, my mum, an amateur artist (OK, she's sold a few), offered to paint a picture of the lad. So I'm now on the hunt for a picture of him that I love, that will go in the room (terracotta colours), and that I think Mum will be able to pull off. It's tempting to ask her just to copy this one :lol:

Sooo, I was clicking away with my phone this afternoon and though none are quite what I'm after, I thought I'd share them :D

Cattle on Upton Heath - they're very docile, and Jasper's pretty good at ignoring them, but I put him on a lead if we're close as sometimes he tries to get one to chase him:

I have a lot of him in stinky ponds, but it's one time he stays still for long enough to take a photo!

Soggy doggy :D

Drying off:

What a long tail you have...

The clay pits - there's some very steep slopes & undulations and the local youths do the most terrifying stunts on their bikes :shock: It's just a shame they leave a ton of trash behind when they go :evil:

Time for another cool-off:

He ran off a way over the heath after that and I could hear him going squelch, squelch, squelch... I do wish the marshiest bits weren't just before we get back to the car :lol:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
katej215

Re: Jasper's portrait

Post by katej215 »

i love those paintings Judy, especially the one you posted...shame she dosen't do wirey terriers!!

That walk looks like Hattie's idea of heaven..she loves a paddle in a stinky pond!! :D
Erica

Post by Erica »

Mmm, wow, those are gorgeous!

And Jasper is so handsome. :D (The cows are adorable too!)

I hope you get a great painting of Jasper for your study!
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

A reasonably successful batch of pics from my garden just now. Though I think maybe I need to feed the poor lad more. I've never known a dog so capable of looking like he's already starved to death :lol:

A bit more photogenic:

'Where did that funny tooting noise come from?'

This sunbathing lark is hard work...

If I stare long enough it might turn into an apple....

Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009