Ridgeback and high visibility vest

Upload pictures of your dogs here!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Ari_RR

Ridgeback and high visibility vest

Post by Ari_RR »

We finally got a high visibility vest for Ari.
Great! Now I can see him when I let him run off leash in the woods...

JudyN

Re: Ridgeback and high visibility vest

Post by JudyN »

How cool does he look in that? :lol:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

LoL...the last 2 picture almost like like Ari is saying "but daaaaaadd....none of the other dogs were a bright orange vest"
DianeLDL

Post by DianeLDL »

Ari_RR,

You have the right idea. If any of you were living in Maine, you would know that orange vests on dogs even on leash as well as on people are a MUST during the deer hunting season here, mainly in November. Hunters are all over the place including around homes. A friend of ours almost got hit buy a hunter's bullet next to his house. We haven't been here in November for a few years, but I remember a woman with two beautiful golden retrievers all wearing orange vests in November, and she was just taking her dogs to the woods at the end of our street for a walk. :shock:

Even the local Walmart gets into it selling orange vests and hats for people as well as dogs. :D

So, having an orange vest on Ari is definitely a great idea as it allows you to be able to see him when hiking in the woods.

I personally think it is a great idea. I'm just upset that Sandy doesn't like vests, harnesses, coats, anything that seems like clothing. And, next year, we may be in Maine during hunting season, so Sandy will need to get used to it. Maybe, I can find an orange harness. :D

Diane
Sandy, Chihuahua mix b. 12/20/09
Ari_RR

Post by Ari_RR »

:lol:
Yeah, he is one of kind here, but he doesn't mind it :D
He doesn't mind any of the other gear he wears.
When we go out late at night, after dark, it's like Ringling Bros in town - Ari with his blinking lights and now orange vest, me with my own reflective vest, we also have a reflective leash... :roll:
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

speaking of deer hunting......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip_r4juPyqI

:twisted: