England + Creek

Upload pictures of your dogs here!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Erica

England + Creek

Post by Erica »

Alright, finally! I've still got a few I need to work on, and C has some pics from her phone she still has to upload, but here are some of the pictures from my trip (and some from our mini trip to the creek today ;) ).

Met up with Amy and her crew. I'm in the blue shirt. :)

C is very good with a camera and Ben is a great model!

I did get one day of British weather, and here's the proof. :P I'm in the blue-green rainjacket, on the left of the picture.

Met the marvelous Ted!

(There's a story behind why this picture looks a bit odd and why the file is called "jeeze louise." That story is that my sister managed to put my camera into the "posterize" preset. It takes away levels of colors and darkens the edges, leading to sometimes artistic but mostly strange pictures. I spent two hours making this look somewhat normal. :lol: And I've got a couple more pictures to touch up before I post them. Hopefully now that I know what to do, it'll go faster. But be expecting the rest!)

Superlambanana from Liverpool. Possibly the most endearing, strange sculptures I've ever seen.

Learning about dog language has bled into other areas of my life. I couldn't appreciate this sculpture because the horse is just so dang unhappy. :(

This horse, on the other hand, seems much more relaxed, though not completely happy. The details on it were amazing, but I won't bore you with the close up shots of its chestnuts or harness or shoes. ;)

Bonus pic of Opal watching the SPARCS conference:
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
Ari_RR

Re: England + Creek

Post by Ari_RR »

Very nice. Thank you. Looks like a great trip... although there is no better place that your own creek with your own dog, I am sure :wink:
Looking forward to seeing the rest.
bendog

Post by bendog »

Brill, thanks for posting these Erica.

The superlambananas come from an original HUGE superlambanana, that is yellow, like a banana, so it makes sense. And for some reason, Liverpool, in it's wisdom, decided we needed over a 100 crazy coloured lambanana offspring! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superlambanana

And on the topic of statues, did you see the naked man on top of what used to be Lewis's department store. Barely anyone ever realizes it is there.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Liver ... pstein.jpg (beware, link takes you to naked man sculpture if that type of thing offends you!)

It is ages since I have been into Liverpool town so don't even know if it is still there.
minkee

Post by minkee »

Lovely pics :D I love seeing positively / real life crossovers for some reason :lol:

Opal is just brilliant too. And I like your long purple lead