Sweetie's Human

Re: Sweetie

Post by Sweetie's Human »

Thank you!
Sweetie's Human

No kidding - this is how she sleeps :shock:

Poor love is under the weather with kennel cough (again...).
Sweetie's Human

Oops - she doesn't sleep upside down though! It's the right way up in Photobucket. I'll never figure this out properly...
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Aw, cute! I hope she recovers from her kennel cough soon.
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Sweetie's Human

My little grub

Being a sook

ClareMarsh

Post by ClareMarsh »

I love her, how old is she now? She looks really young to me :D
Proud owner of Ted and baby Ella
My blog about Ted http://tinkerwolf.com/
Ted's Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/Tinkerwolf
Ted's You Tube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TheTedVids
Sweetie's Human

Clare - How serendipitous that you should comment right as I'm looking at photos to send you for a Tinkerwolf update!! (In fact, if you want to just pick bits from this post and use the photo of her with her bone that's probably the best one I've got at the moment.)

She's 8 now! We've had her almost 2.5 years and she's definitely much 'younger' than when we got her. Alas she's down to less than 10 teeth now (7 from what I can see, but it's not easy to look in a pug's mouth - no snout :roll: ) so we've resorted to chopping / mincing her chicken necks as she was trying to swallow them whole and nearly choking, and cutting her offal into chunks. And unfortunately, this means she doesn't get to drag her meals all over the yard playing with them like she was in our first post. She shoves her whole face in her bowl and dinner time is over in about 60 seconds flat :lol: .

But there's no way my pug's going to eat commercial rubbish so OH and I traipsed over to my parents' place today to use the old fashioned turn-the-handle mincer and did 45 days worth of necks. We then came home and I opened all the windows to avoid hurling and chopped up about 45 days worth of liver, kidney, heart and tongue and added some sardines. She was beside herself while I did it and had to be given a bone so she'd calm down a bit :lol: .

She still gets a neck bone (meat mostly removed) most days for enjoyment and to try to keep her remaining teeth clean. She still attacks it with all the gusto of a young fully-toothed dog and tries to 'kill' it. She turns her mouth side on so she can get it with her molars.

So we're working our way in to raw feeding a geriatric dog. I fully intend to keep feeding her raw into her old age and we will make the necessary adjustments to ensure that she at least gets some bone, some meat, some fish and some offal every day - however that manifests itself as she ages.

However much extra effort is involved in feeding raw over commercial (and it really is only a big effort for us once every six weeks or so), it's definitely worth it to see a pug actually GAIN health as she ages, and enjoy her meals as much as she does.
ashlandkennel12

Post by ashlandkennel12 »

she is soo cute, this is my favourite bread and i also ave one. i will surely upload pictures
Sweetie's Human

Little Miss Plonky-Plonk turns 9 tomorrow, according to her breeding papers.

She's 'younger' now than when we got her in a terrible state almost 3 years ago. She jumps and runs and swims and leaps into our faces with her tongue out. She loves her morning walks and gumming on beef neck bones and working on her frozen kongs. She goes mental when we come home and follows us around. She 'helps' OH work on the car and 'helps' (ie gets underfoot or plonks herself down where I want to dig!) me in the garden. Gets in all our business like a bustling little landlady. Whenever she can, she rests her chin on one of us when she sleeps so she'll know if we move. She's lost stacks of weight, no longer has ear infections or skin infections and is getting more fur growing through the callouses on the backs of her legs.

In short, she makes us giggle and we're so glad we brought her home :D

Happy Birthday Sweetie Pug
delladooo

Post by delladooo »

Awww happy birthday Sweetie! :mrgreen:
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Lucky lucky little dog. Happy birthday Sweetie. :D
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Sweetie's Human

Thanks ladies, but we're the lucky ones!