Pixie and Jack!

Upload pictures of your dogs here!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

ScarletSci

Pixie and Jack!

Post by ScarletSci »

Apologies for terrible photography, I really do suck at pictures! But I will be working on that once my new camera arrives! For now, while none of these are amazing photos and some are out of focus, it'll at least mean you guys can see the dogs I've been talking about since I got here. Some of the photos I like because of their facial expressions or poses, even if the shot isn't a good one.

Jack and Pixie having a snuggle

Aha! I finally managed to get the picture to work! Just gonna post this one first to check if the sizing is ok before I add any more! :D
ScarletSci

Re: Pixie and Jack!

Post by ScarletSci »

That looks pretty big to me, should I make it smaller, and if so, how?? I'm really exceeding my tech abilities today. Getting the photos from my camera onto my laptop was a first as well! :D
ScarletSci

Post by ScarletSci »

Jack is a little bit of a poser! But he's beautiful. He's starting to look a little plump (my mum's fault! She gives him far too many routine treats) but once the weather improves he'll be chasing the ball around a lot more.

More snuggling

Pixie as she has grown...

This one is so out of focus (she's fast but my camera is slow!) but I love how her ears are flapping! Will try to get some better action shots once my new camera arrives
Ari_RR

Post by Ari_RR »

Very nice! Thank u for sharing.
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

They're both gorgeous - but how cute is Pixie?! :D

Jack doesn't look too bad in the first pic of him on the grass - but then you should see some of the barrel-shaped spaniels round here :?
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
ScarletSci

Post by ScarletSci »

Thanks guys! :D I'm so proud of my babies!

Judy - I know what you mean, I've seen the barrel-shaped Spaniels, and it's such a shame. They are (on the whole) ALWAYS up for more food! And good at giving the Spaniel eyes when they beg! But I'd never let a Spaniel get like that... they're so full of energy and willing to run and work all day, that it isn't hard to get them back into shape.

I have more pictures from today! :D Sorry guys, but now I know how to do this, I'm away! If you think it's bad now, wait until I have a new camera to play with! If I get too much, just tell me to quit it :D

So today both dogs were brilliant, very up for it, very fun and switched on, and we had a blast.

Pixie found a bottle

Then a banana skin which she thought was THE BEST THING EVER

Especially when you roll in it!

She's growing up so fast. Every now and then I see a flash of the adult dog she's becoming, like this one

So, what does everyone think? What do they think Pixie might be crossed with? and what do you think of her shape/weight? I'm torn. Most of the time I think she looks perfect, and I put the occasional 'rounded' look down to her puppy-ness. This is her from above today

Where I think she looks pretty much spot on, but I'm no expert! Vet is happy with her weight, but what do you guys think? I haven't worried too much that she eats a lot since she's been growing so fast and is ALWAYS zooming around! She's actually quite muscular. I think I'm just paranoid because my dad told me that she isn't too fat, but that she's too heavy.. as in.. when you pick her up, she weighs a lot! I think that's insane... if she isn't too fat, then she can't be too dense! :lol: But what do you guys think? Opinions needed! I can easily reduce her intake, her exercise is already plenty, she goes out three times a day, and zooms around the house and garden when she's at home! The zoomie games they play now will do wonders for Jacks waistline in fact!
Sabrina

Post by Sabrina »

Your doggies are so adorable! I love that picture of Pixie rolling on the banana peel! :lol:
bendog

Post by bendog »

They are gorgeous.

My terrier girl looks really dainty and small but weighs a TON when you pick her up! I don't think it's anything to worry about
gwd

Post by gwd »

i didn't realize that both of your springers were b/w! ......see, we really ARE sisters from another mister!

OnceInAWeil

Post by OnceInAWeil »

Aww! Beautiful. :D
ScarletSci

Post by ScarletSci »

:D Thank you so much everyone! Grinning like a mad thing here!
gwd wrote:i didn't realize that both of your springers were b/w! ......see, we really ARE sisters from another mister!

They are SO beautiful!! We are clearly sisters from across the pond! I adore black and white Springers. Livers are pretty as well, but I have a soft spot for the black and whites. It started with my landlord who had eight Springers. They were all liver and white, except for Baby, the youngest. Baby was picked on by the others, and she was my landlord's least favourite of his dogs. So while I was there I used to look after her and another *****, Molly, when they were in season so they wouldn't have to spend that time in the kennels (I lived in a converted building on the same property, a tiny house). I adored Molly as well, but since Baby wasn't getting much love, she became my girl. Still miss that dog!

When my mum was ready to get another dog, I offered to get her a corgi for her birthday. They're her favourite breed, she has had them before, I thought it would be perfect. But she decided against a corgi, and over the course of a few discussions I think I sold her on Springers :D When we went to see the litter of Springer/Cocker crosses, we knew she'd be going home with a dog! She couldn't decide between Jack and a liver puppy, but I held Jack and said how adorable he was, so I think I pretty much chose her dog for her! Ooops.. good thing he's awesome and she adores him.

When I started looking for my own dog, I knew it would be a Springer. I thought about getting a liver pup, as a contrast to Jack! But as soon as I saw these baby pics the breeder sent to me, I knew I was taking her home!

Adorable as she is, you can see from her belly in the first pic that she desperately needed worming. We strongly suspect that she'd never been wormed, and that's why she's so tiny. It's either that (and she was truly riddled with worms, so it's a strong contender) or they lied about her parentage and she's actually a crossbreed of some sort. Either way, she's now happy and healthy and much loved, so it doesn't matter that we'll never know which it was!

gwd, your dogs are so, so beautiful, the difference between our dogs besides the American/English thing is that mine are usually rough and ready and kinda scruffy! :D They get brushed every day to prevent tangles and keep them in good condition, bathed as needed, and Jack goes to an awesome groomer every three months, but that's about it! I'll have to learn how to get them looking more like yours!
ScarletSci

Post by ScarletSci »

Sabrina wrote:Your doggies are so adorable! I love that picture of Pixie rolling on the banana peel! :lol:
[Grin!] The other day it was a dead bird she found and thought was amazing. I didn't whip the camera out when she started rolling in that one though! :lol:
OnceInAWeil

Post by OnceInAWeil »

BABY PICTURES zomg :D
gwd

Post by gwd »

ScarletSci wrote:gwd, your dogs are so, so beautiful, the difference between our dogs besides the American/English thing is that mine are usually rough and ready and kinda scruffy! :D They get brushed every day to prevent tangles and keep them in good condition, bathed as needed, and Jack goes to an awesome groomer every three months, but that's about it! I'll have to learn how to get them looking more like yours!
i think your two babies are perfect just the way they are...... i'm just use to having show dogs so i kinda groom out of habit.

i once mentioned to the breeder than i got my two from, that springers groomed for show are kind of like a 8 year old boy shined up and stuck in a suit for a wedding. they may look spiffed up, but turn your back for a second and they'll find a mud puddle to play in. :lol:
ScarletSci

Post by ScarletSci »

Oh god, the lure of the mud puddle! Jack has always found mud no matter where we go. I guessed it was a Springer thing, the fact that Pixie has also sought out any boggy patches from her very first outing and the fact you've bought it up now just confirms it! :lol:

Okay, I fully admit that I wouldn't have the patience to groom both dogs so beautifully all the time, knowing that the next walk will only be a couple of hours away at most! Instantly undone. Maybe, judging by how stunning your garden is (I have a bad case of garden envy!) the weather there might not as drizzly and muddy pretty much year round as it is here? :wink:

But it would be nice to get them all beautified just once! Take lots of pictures the minute it's done, accepting that they'll only look that pampered for an hour or so! Just to see how they look :D Once Pixie has grown her feathering of course.

Did you check out her tail? The twisty tuft at the end is adorable! Her feathering on her rear legs/bum (I don't know the technical term - I just call it their modesty panel :lol: ) looks like a brillo pad right now.

I have horror photos of Jack's coat when it got really bad.

In my defence, he was booked to go to the groomers so it was pretty long and fluffy anyway, I think he might have that spay coat thing going on? The fluffy undercoat pokes through along his sides, which is the main reason he goes to a groomer. I wouldn't have a clue how to strip it out, and I'd be afraid of hurting him. But a day or two before the appointment he had the dog attack, so ended up delaying for over a month while he healed. Since this was October/November time, he also got muddy a lot just walking into the garden. This was taken after he'd been rinsed off and he'd dried out, but before being brushed! But look at it ... I mean, where do you start? :lol: