Jasper's relations

Upload pictures of your dogs here!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

JudyN

Jasper's relations

Post by JudyN »

Not brilliant photos, because it was perishing down the beach, I didn't want to take my hands out of my pockets, and the dogs wouldn't stay still!

Catkin, Jasper's sister, on the left, and Begu (beddie x whippet I think) on the right. Jasper's breeder lives with, and cares for, Begu's owner, who has poor mobility now. Begu's claim to fame is that her sister is owned by Robert Plant :D

Jasper, Begu, and Begu's owner, Joyce. Jasper is convinced that anyone in a mobility scooter must be loaded with gravy bones, and tried to explain this to her a few times :lol:

Catkin - shame she's looking away, but she's a much more delicate build than Jasper:

Catkin, Begu, & Joyce:

I managed not to take any of Willow, his mum :oops: She's on lead as she had to have a nail removed - the nail curved inwards and rubbed against a toe that was arthritic and starting to turn outwards, which rang a few alarm bells with me as Jasper's sore toe where his nail was rubbing has only just recovered. Fingers crossed it's not a congenital thing.

Jasper tried to get the girls to play with him but he was a little shy, though they did indulge him in a few races. Towards the end though, he grew in confidence and started barking in Begu's face and bouncing in front of her. She responded by squealing like a spaniel and showing her teeth, so Jasper had to go back on lead for a bit to calm down.
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
JudyN

Re: Jasper's relations

Post by JudyN »

Aaaaand, lots more from earlier in the day. I was getting lunch ready in the kitchen with the door to the conservatory open just enough for a pointy nose to stick through. I think the look on Jasper's face in some of these pics tells you all you need to know about how he feels about having the house overrun with females :lol: At one point we persuaded him to settle down on the sofa but he wouldn't squeeze past the dogs that were blocking his way (on HIS beds!), so he clambered over the table instead :lol:

bendog

Post by bendog »

Gorgeous. Although I have to say, I still think jasper is the best looking! Maybe it's his colouring but the girls don't quite match up to his good looks!
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

bendog wrote:the girls don't quite match up to his good looks!
Yeah, scruffy lot, aren't they! :lol: Joyce adores him (though think he's a bit spoilt and that he should be given a smack when he's naughty...), and if he'd been a girl, she'd have kept him.

I found a damp patch on our bedroom door after they'd left :shock: I wonder who was the guilty party.... :?: