Busy Weekend!

Upload pictures of your dogs here!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

bendog

Busy Weekend!

Post by bendog »

I'm looking after my brothers bearded dragon whilst he's on holiday

Since his viv is too big to move, I've been driving the 40 minutes there to feed him every couple of days. The flat is right next to Sefton Park (Liverpools biggest park - I think) so I've took the dogs with me too. On Thursday it was the first day of going up there so I went to pick the keys up from stepmums house, and offered to take her dog Oscar for a walk with my two since he doesn't get walked enough.

http://youtu.be/WkOC1jnENGk

He's a Jack Russell/Whippet X best guess (and yes a bit chunky). His recall is very poor but he does check in regularly. What I like about this video is the way Poppy stops dead when she reaches her "invisible circle", even without me having to call her back, or say a word. This is about the furthest away she will get. Oscar will disappear way out of sight.

Oscar teaching Poppy the finer arts of ratting

Saturday Ben and Poppy got stripped at my Nans and then we went for a walk up Pendle Hill. About 5 miles and quite a steep climb - my Nan is 70 odd, and Ben 9 and a half and they were storming ahead of me (23) and Poppy (14 months)! Not bad for a pair of oldies :lol:
Image (Pop on lead because of sheep but to be fair she was fab at ignoring them so hopefully not too much longer before I can trust her with them)

Then Sunday we had a pitch at a car boot sale and took all the dogs along rather than leave them alone for 6 hours.
They were absolutely brilliant amongst all the noise and people and dogs, and got a lot of attention.
A peaceful moment amongst all the hussle and bussle

We found some fairy wings which Poppy tried on!
I think she's more a devil girl though personally!