Pepper

Upload pictures of your dogs here!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

rachel540

Re: Pepper

Post by rachel540 »

WufWuf wrote:LOVE LOVE LOVE the one in the paddling pool, if wasn't slighty creepy to do so, I have that on my wall.... :mrgreen:

Oh and what a lovely figure Pepper has, so nice to see a lab with muscles!
Thanks claire :) the paddling pool is funny, i didnt realise how small 4ft was haha! But she loves it and cooled her down in the week of summer we had :)
Pictures of Pepper viewtopic.php?f=31&t=14364
rachel540

Post by rachel540 »

Hi! Not been able to give an update for a long time and I finally have some time.

So Pepper has turned 2! I cant believe its gone so fast. We celebrated with her favourite walks including Robin Hoods Bay where we met with Minkee, im sure youve seen the fantastic photos :) they really capture Pepper perfectly. We then had a go at Flyball which didnt go too well but shes seems back to her old self and we have learnt alot from the experience.

Pepper has also been having a raw diet at weekends (just for the time being) and is working well, testing different meats - clarifying chicken definitely doesnt agree with her :roll:

And finally we have decided for Pepper to be spayed, it hasnt been easy but during her last season and especially her phantom pregnancy that followed we had a number of incidents that scared us, one of which involved a staffy appearing out of no where hooking onto her back end and being so strong we struggled to get him off, luckly he didnt manage to hump or do any sort of damage it happened all so fast. A couple of other similar incidents happened, and we realised its affecting her confidence to the point where Pepper began avoiding other dogs and even putting the anchors on refusing to walk towards another dog. So listing the pros and cons we came to a decision that will hopefully be the best one for Pep.
My stomach is in knots but i think its for the best, so lots of happy thoughts on Friday please :)

On a lighter note here are a couple of pictures from the last couple of weeks.

Her best friend Jeff

Managed to get the pool out again thanks to a lovely summer

Her favourite thing in the world!

Peppers second Birthday!

Awwwww :)
erin

Post by erin »

she is so beautiful and so happy! Well done mommy Rachel! :)
rachel540

Post by rachel540 »

Christmas 2013 spent in Kettlewell, Yorkshire Dales....

The cottage :)

The garden was full of tasty pheasants

Shattered after opening all her presents - i think the excitement was a little too much, she crashed for an hour!

Stunnng walks Christmas Day and Boxing Day

We had to see family eventually so this weekend we saw my parents, sister, niece and nephew. They were all very patient, i was so proud of Pepper.
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Beautiful photos of a beautiful dog! I'm sure everything will go fine on Friday - not that that will stop you worrying of course!
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
rachel540

Post by rachel540 »

Thanks Judy :) and Merry Christmas! I think shes beautiful too but I'm biased hehe
All the worrying was back in August, probably the most stressful thing I've had to deal with, I'm still having to remind myself of the reasons we made the decision, i still feel so guilty for putting Pepper through it. Luckily she hasn't changed abit :)
ClareMarsh

Post by ClareMarsh »

She's beautiful :D And that first photo is next year's Christmas card for sure :wink:
Proud owner of Ted and baby Ella
My blog about Ted http://tinkerwolf.com/
Ted's Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/Tinkerwolf
Ted's You Tube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TheTedVids
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

rachel540 wrote:All the worrying was back in August, probably the most stressful thing I've had to deal with, I'm still having to remind myself of the reasons we made the decision, i still feel so guilty for putting Pepper through it. Luckily she hasn't changed abit :)
D'oh! Sorry, I wasn't paying attention, was I? :oops:
katej215

Post by katej215 »

Gorgeous pics Rachel..and Pepper looks fantastic. I love the one of her leaping into the lake! :D
gwd

Post by gwd »

those pictures are lovely.........what a glorious place to walk a dog! pepper looks quite pleased with herself in every shot!
bendog

Post by bendog »

She's beautiful
And oh how I am craving a walk in the hills!
rachel540

Post by rachel540 »

Thanks guys! :D Lovely for Pepper to get so many compliments.

We have fallen in love with the Yorkshire Dales and I think Pepper has too, the freedom she has to run wild, its just lovely to see, she manged to chase a few pheasants which she was very pleased about and as we usually follow the river on our walks she did plenty of swiming. Followed by a cosy fire you just can't beat it :D
rachel540

Post by rachel540 »

Pepper has passed Grade One Gundog Training :D

Very proud parents

I think green is definitely her colour :)
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

She has brains and beauty :D
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

BRILLIANT! Well done! :D
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS