Pepper

Upload pictures of your dogs here!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

debbie20

Re: Pepper

Post by debbie20 »

She is beautiful, is she really only 8 months! Poppy is just coming up to 9 months and people say she is small, I am getting an inferiority complex on her behalf! :lol: what a great idea on hiding the stuff that she is allowed to chew! We have poppy in a crate most of the time we are not around. Tried her out a few weeks back and she started to chew the kitchen door, I made a big thing of it and told her off and she hasnt done it since and when I leave her I point to it and tell her no and she skulks off so I think she knows its a no no, but instead she has decided to chew the mat at the back door, hey ho at least its not as expensive to replace as a door! :roll:
rachel540

Post by rachel540 »

Hi Debbie

Pepper is just over 9 months now, I don’t think she has grown that much but everyone keeps telling me she’s getting so big! She’s starting to look out of proportion with a big body and small head, but I’m sure things will even out haha! Have you got any pictures of your pup?

Up until about 2 months ago Pepper just had the run of the kitchen where her crate is kept (we had huge baby gates across the kitchen archway), in which she tried to dig herself out through the wall, chew the corners of the cooker, destroyed the washing machine dials and managed to reach the odd thing off the worktops. So we decided she was getting too big for the kitchen and let her loose with the run of downstairs (open plan living room/kitchen/hallway). In which she took the telephone box off the wall, chewed a hole in the rug and destroyed a number of books. Our house looks like no one lives there we’ve had to remove anything chewable! Which has unfortunately left only the big expensive items should she get bored! But following some advice on here she hasn’t done any damage for the last 2 ½ weeks and counting (touch wood). We have always left cereal boxes filled with newspaper and treats, newspaper “pass-the-parcel” balls, and tubes stuffed with paper and treats hidden around the house to keep her occupied which she adores and gets a lot of her destructive urges out the way. I also take her for a 20 minute run before work which has seemed to zap any left over energy – however she is generally a lazy dog.

We keep in touch with a couple of the families that have Peppers brother a sister and have heard a few horror stories. Her brother seems to be the worst and took down 2 dining table chairs and a coffee table oops! And seems to be non-stop bouncing off the walls. Her sister has been described as a loon but sounds similar to Pepper. We’ll be having a play date soon so we’ll see how that goes.

Pepper is a really a pleasure at home, so loving and so clever, I love training with her. And she just chills out with us often watching TV, she’s launched herself a few times at the TV trying to chase a ball haha!. But during walks it can be so stressful, it has took my partner and I a long time to realise we can’t interact with other dogs and need to keep moving or ask people not to approach us – for their own safety because she is just so giddy. She has head-butted a few people who were bending down to greet her and she has jumped up – cringe! Also covered quite a few people in mud haha. Hopefully the novelty will wear off and we won’t have to worry about it….one day.

As you can see I could talk about her all day!
Pictures of Pepper viewtopic.php?f=31&t=14364
rachel540

Post by rachel540 »

What i come home to :D Rather this than the furniture!

bendog

Post by bendog »

Haha that's similar to how ours looks. Thankfully my partner is home before me, so I get fun job of making the boxes in the morning and he gets to clear it up before I get home ;)
debbie20

Post by debbie20 »

Hi Rachel

We have an old lab, JJ, he is coming up to 9 years. He had a tumour removed last year and unfortunately another has come back so he is on some steroids and piriton, we don't know how long we have him for now, but remember him as a pup destroying my kitchen and walls and radiators and mobile phones etc etc! which is why with Poppy we decided to try the crate and it has so far proved the best move we ever made. We are lucky that I work from home but I have my office at the top of the house (we live in a town house so on the second floor) and I have to work just as I would in an office so she only sees me at lunch time for an hour and then my husband who works nights is up at 3pm in the afternoon so she is not in her crate for too long. I have attempted to leave her out all day today and she has been good as gold...I think! I have checked around and cant see anything she has chewed and checked the favourite door that she started on and it's dry! Her dad is a chewer but he is very easy going so nothing like her in that sense!
I have some pics but couldnt work out how to put them up on here??
rachel540

Post by rachel540 »

Hi Debbie sorry for delayed response - poor JJ I hope he is ok?
With regards to pictures I use photobucket and copy the IMG code.
rachel540

Post by rachel540 »

Had a fantastic day today Pepper had a play date with her sister Sienna - can you spot the difference? The big fox red lab is Siennas big bro. Was great seeing them playing together

bendog

Post by bendog »

Gosh, I would be scared i would end up getting mixed up and taking wrong dog home!! Haha, glad she had a fun time :)
Erica

Post by Erica »

One has a black nose (Pepper?) and the other's is a bit liver...:P but they do look very much alike!
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
rachel540

Post by rachel540 »

Had a fantastic time today on the yorkshire coast. We had a walk round Dykes Wood and over to Flamborough Head :D

New happy memories, what a wonderful day.
Erica

Post by Erica »

Wow, it looks gorgeous out there! The rocks look like marshmallows. :) Pepper looks happy and tired!
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
rachel540

Post by rachel540 »

Extreme close ups :D

rachel540

Post by rachel540 »

Anyone watching the football? C'mon England! Pepper loved it, never took her eye off the ball :lol:

CarolineLovesDogs

Post by CarolineLovesDogs »

Cute! :D
rachel540

Post by rachel540 »

I thought I would update with some recent pictures, Pepper is now 1 year old ( Wed 25th July ).

Caught you! Hehe

In the garden

Awww sleeping after a long walk...

Sisters!