Super Grooming Week Pictures

Upload pictures of your dogs here!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Erica

Super Grooming Week Pictures

Post by Erica »

So I'm going to be intensely grooming Amadeus the Alaskan Malamute this week (probably next week too...). I'll share some pictures because, well.

Day one. I groomed his back left leg. ONLY his back left leg. :| This took me one and a half hours. I took him for a 40-minute walk beforehand so he wouldn't object too much...;) You can see the empty treat bags, haha.
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
JudyN

Re: Super Grooming Week Pictures

Post by JudyN »

:shock: You'll end up with a pile of fur about ten times the size of the whole dog :lol: Are you going to do anything with the fur - spin it & knit with the yarn, or use it to stuff a dog bed?

He's beautiful - though my wimp of a lurcher hides behind the nearest tree if he sees anything vaguely resembling a husky :roll:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Erica

Post by Erica »

I don't have any plans for it...though I might take some to use as stuffing for the giant stuffed Pokemon I'm making for one of the kids. :)

I'm not on my computer right now, so I can't post pictures of today's work, but I started brushing the left side of his stomach. Didn't finish, but he was making it pretty clear he was over it, so I stopped. :)
Suzette

Post by Suzette »

Oh, that brings back memories! My mom had a Husky (that I swear was part malamute) when we were growing up. When he was doing his big seasonal shed, our small, fenced backyard looked like it had snow all banked up against the fence line! :lol:
We were the only house in the neighborhood with 'snow' in late summer. :mrgreen:

Your dog is beautiful!!
My avatar is Piper, my sweet Pembroke Corgi. b. 5/11/11
chay

Post by chay »

oh my GOSH that pile of left-leg fur is bigger than my whole dog :lol: :lol:

he's gorgeous!! :D
Erica

Post by Erica »

Of course, as soon as I say "I'm grooming Ami thoroughly this week!" stuff comes up...Monday, fine, that's the picture up there. Tuesday, I had less time, but still got a good amount of fur...need to add those pictures! Wednesday, I took the family's daughter to the dentist and ended up staying for about three hours...sheesh. The family's dad had to go back home during his lunch break to walk the dogs, as I was sitting while the girl had a tooth pulled. :| Thursdays are always out, as they have the cleaners over and the floors are covered in floor stuff, which I don't want to get on the dogs' paws...and Friday, I groomed him but didn't have my camera...it wasn't much, compared to above. xD This week was no better, but whenever I get a good amount of fur off him, I'll post a picture!

I know...I bet you could construct another dog out of the fur you could get off of him. xD
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

He's gorgeous! :D As for grooming your dog, all I can say is that I thought grooming Akitas were bad! :lol: All I can say is that when I'm done, it looks like I have three Akitas! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

OMG, please send all that fur to me! I want to learn to spin! My Annie is fluffy, but not nearly so wooly as your Amadeus. BTW, Annie gets up and walks away when she decides I've collected enough from her, too.

Seriously... PM me, and we can talk about address and how to package the "wool," etc. :mrgreen:
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
Erica

Post by Erica »

Fundog - sounds great! Whenever I get a chance to thoroughly groom him, I'll send you a PM so we can work it out. There might be some guard hairs in there as well, but I'll try to separate them if I see them. :)
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

Cool, thanks! :D
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
CoolDog

Post by CoolDog »

I thought wvvdiup1 had it bad when she has to groom her dog, because her dog doesn't blow her fur at once and it takes her at least a couple of weeks to get everything done! :lol:
abbyneo

Post by abbyneo »

I love how in the last picture he looks like he's defeated...poor baby, must have been torture!! :)

He is beautiful :)
Erica

Post by Erica »

abbyneo wrote:I love how in the last picture he looks like he's defeated...poor baby, must have been torture!! :)

He is beautiful :)
Actually, it's quite the opposite...he's sniffing for a little treat I threw him to get him to stay still. ;) And while he wouldn't have stayed still that long a while ago, I've worked quite a bit with him on staying still(ish) and patient while I brush him...lots and lots of treats. :)

But yes, he is a really pretty boy!