Introducing Peanut!!

Upload pictures of your dogs here!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

wickedhippy

Introducing Peanut!!

Post by wickedhippy »

I never got Yoda - you won't even believe the woman who was giving him away. She was obviously a "backyard breeder", and she actually admitted to me that she hit her dogs among other things. Also found out that Yoda had been homed and re-homed several times. Needless to say, someone (and no, it really wasn't me) called the Humane Society on her and her dogs - all 23 of them!! - were seized. So no Yoda. :(

But there's a silver lining - today I adopted "Peanut" - a chihuahua/terrier cross. He's only 9 months old, and quite the character. I love him already. :D Check out his cuteness;

"If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies" ~ Anonymous
Creator of the We Love Victoria Stilwell Fan Site http://victoriastilwellfans.webs.com/
wvvdiup1

Re: Introducing Peanut!!

Post by wvvdiup1 »

He's cute, wickedhippy! :D
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
wickedhippy

Post by wickedhippy »

Peanut is missing. He broke leash yesterday morning, and hasn't been seen since. I've put up signs, put an ad online for him, and have asked my neighbors to keep any eye out (as they all know him and know who he belongs to). I called the shelter, and they do not have him. I am devestated - I don't know what has happened to him. He's been missing for 28 hours. :( :( :(
Creator of the We Love Victoria Stilwell Fan Site http://victoriastilwellfans.webs.com/
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

wickedhippy wrote:Peanut is missing. He broke leash yesterday morning, and hasn't been seen since. I've put up signs, put an ad online for him, and have asked my neighbors to keep any eye out (as they all know him and know who he belongs to). I called the shelter, and they do not have him. I am devestated - I don't know what has happened to him. He's been missing for 28 hours. :( :( :(
Oh my goodness! Peanut is definitely in our thoughts and prayers.
--dontpugme
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Have you found Peanut yet, wickedhippy? If not, get some friends and neighbors help you scout the neighborhood. Also, check out along the sides of the roads, drain pipes, and other areas where prey will go and hide; chances are, Peanut chased one into a hole and may be stuck! :shock:
jakesmom

Post by jakesmom »

Ohhh, wickedhippy I'm so sorry, and understand how worried you are.

We lost a dog once, tried everything to find her - no joy. When we had given up hope completely (three months after she got out), we were driving home, and there she was walking down the road with a guy who had found her in the park and took her home, thought she was cute and kept her.
wickedhippy

Post by wickedhippy »

I'm thinking that's what happened - someone grabbed him. But I'm keeping my eyes open - I won't give up hope. :)
jakesmom

Post by jakesmom »

I take it you've had no joy finding Peanut , wickedhippy.

Is there any chance you can contact your local newspaper and give them a photo of Peanut and ask them to appeal for help in finding him. I know where we live if the owners can manage to get a story in the local paper (the free ones as well) more often than not they get their dog back.

Thinking of you - Good Luck .
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Don't just contact the newspapers, wickedhippy, file a report with your local police, too! :wink:
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Wickedhippy, have you heard or seen anything about your dog, Peanut, yet? :?:
PikiPiki

Post by PikiPiki »

Oh wow, that's so sad. =[

I hope you've found her? I've been afraid of that happening with my hound, she likes to run if she gets loose (very rare). I got her microchipped. :(