Victoria here - I need your help!

Periodic announcements regarding Victoria, her schedule, and general information.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

sj96skittles

Post by sj96skittles »

if you want to send a message to victoria, i think we should have a subject heading for that. then if you want to make a message, just make a new topic under that heading. another suggestion would be under "tv show" maybe you could have a subject called episodes and it lists all the episodes & you can talk about them. 1 more idea is maybe under memberlist, each member can personalize their profile somehow.
sj96skittles

Post by sj96skittles »

i really like the idea of having a chatroom, so you can chat w/ people who are currently online!
ithinkican

Post by ithinkican »

I love the ideas of a wall for photos, avatars that we can upload, and a chat box.

I'd also suggest a once monthly scheduled chat with Victoria. I know she's busy and hasn't really had time to post here, but I think it would encourage new people to come and stick around.

Another suggestion is posting selected episodes of "Its me or the dog" online for free viewing somewhere. If not here then maybe Hulu or something. You can post links to the episodes here on the site or forum. I know other shows post trailing episodes so only 5 are available at a time. Maybe do 2 from the UK and 2 from the US? There are still a lot of people who are very familiar with "that other guy" and not so much with Victoria. I'd love to see more exposure for Victoria! There are many people like me who no longer have cable in the U.S. and watch TV online instead. The one show I miss is Victoria's.
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

I think I like that idea very much! The more exposure she has with "the public", the more and faster her messages will get across to people. Well, at least when someone watches her show, they can try her training methods at home! No, you won't find some disclaimer or waiver before any of her shows that states "Don't try this at home!" or get a "Professional trainer to (do whatever it is)", unless there are times when one should be consulted!
DogzRule1996

Post by DogzRule1996 »

Maybe we could have something that is specially made for certain breeds of dogs so people who are wanting a dog don't have to post asking which breed would be best. People can post their own experiences with their various breeds and wanting owners can read those and add on if they get a dog of that breed telling us about their adoption etc.
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
♫♪(¯` ¸(¯`'•.¸**¸.•'´¯)¸.• ¯)♫♪
(¯`'•. --=-_Stop Animal Cruelty Now!_-=-- `'• .¸_)
(_¸-_(_¸.•'´*♫♪♫♪*`'•.¸_)`'• .¸_)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)
Gumby

Post by Gumby »

Regarding avatars you should be able to go into you phpbb admin panel and make the following settings. I am admin for 4 phpbb boards and these work. These are found in "General Admin / Configuration"

I've seen the look in dogs eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed
contempt, and I am convinced that dogs think humans are nuts.
--John Steinbeck
**liz**

Re: Victoria here - I need your help!

Post by **liz** »

off the top of my head i would say a 'all about puppy' topic!!
x
jgckg

Re: Victoria here - I need your help!

Post by jgckg »

Hi - I don't know if this is possible, but it would be great to get some Victoria feed back or see an episode (probably very difficult to do for television) which includes a loose or free roaming dog. Unfortunately, and all too often, people are irresponsible and allow their dogs to "roam the neighborhood" or they just plain escape. Although many episodes include the "staging" of other people walking their dogs, to aid in behavior modification (dog on dog aggression through desensitization).....I don't recall ever seeing a show that used a loose or unsupervised dog as a distraction. I think it's important for people to know what to do when confronted with a situation like this. I find many panic and make the situation worse. How can you protect yourself, your dog and the stray when there is no one else around?