i wasnt sure where to put this but my black lab...

Breed specific discussion of your favorite breed.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

laceygraves1995

i wasnt sure where to put this but my black lab...

Post by laceygraves1995 »

eats the cat food more than her dog food will the cat food hurt her, i also have a problem where she will like her dog food one day and then for the next few days she will barely eat it and then we have to get her a different brand of dog food, sometimes i think she thinks she is a cat... please help me is it okay for her to eat cat food because if it is i will just get cat food for her from now on
dontpugme

Re: i wasnt sure where to put this but my black lab...

Post by dontpugme »

Don't feed her cat food. Keep the cat food away from her. Feed kitty in a room where she can't get to it.

Do you feed her dry dog food only? What brand?

She may just be bored with the same thing all the time. It used to be like this with my pug. Try to mix it up a bit. One day add carrots or apples or rice to her food. Then the next day, maybe add a little wet food. Then put some hotdog bits. Then just give her the plain dog food by itself. Then add carrots again. ...................................
--dontpugme
laceygraves1995

Post by laceygraves1995 »

dontpugme wrote:Don't feed her cat food. Keep the cat food away from her. Feed kitty in a room where she can't get to it.

She may just be bored with the same thing all the time. It used to be like this with my pug. Try to mix it up a bit. One day add carrots or apples or rice to her food. Then the next day, maybe add a little wet food. Then put some hotdog bits. Then just give her the plain dog food by itself. Then add carrots again. ...................................
thanks, ill try, i just wish she wasnt so picky, i thought cats were picky not dogs lol
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

laceygraves1995 wrote:
dontpugme wrote:Don't feed her cat food. Keep the cat food away from her. Feed kitty in a room where she can't get to it.

thanks, ill try, i just wish she wasnt so picky, i thought cats were picky not dogs lol
Can you blame her? I would be the same if I had to eat the stuff that's in dry dog food everyday. :lol:

What brand are you feeding her?
--dontpugme