Good small breed dogs

Breed specific discussion of your favorite breed.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Blappy1215

Re: Good small breed dogs

Post by Blappy1215 »

if you are worried about a begael because they bark and howl, then do not get a puggle. My son and neice each have one and they are "talkers" :lol: Both Parker and tucker howl/bark if they see people they love, they will sing for food and some of the sounds they make are priceless.
"Don't worry honey right after the dog, your number one."
Elaine
Dixies momma

Post by Dixies momma »

i know its not a small breed and not revelent to this but had to add it seeing as blappy stated beagle/puggle are talkers...made me think of my newest addition Lily my husky....she does NOT bark at all, but boy is she vocal...lol esp when i have to put her on a chain, have 2 female dogs in heat and moody with each other...gotta keep them seperated. ugh.least for now. she loves to talk tho.lol
Jake n Dixies momma
RibbonZakuroSpear13

Post by RibbonZakuroSpear13 »

SCHIPPERKE!!! They're fiesty, energetic, and LOVE other dogs! :)
footsieb

Post by footsieb »

I may be a bit late responding to this one, but just found it. We have a 6 year old female lab. She's our third one. As we are now senior citizens, we have decided to start concentrating on a toy breed. So, we have now added a Pug tio our home. Prenny (lab) thinks that Sammi (pug) is her baby and has mothered her since day one. She is wonderful with Sammi.

I have no idea how a male lab would do, but toy breeds are enough like a lab puppy in size the the lab will thihk it's her's abd take good care of the toy pup.

As for the actual breed, Pugs can kep up pretty well with a lab, except for running speed. I was told they were lab-like and th4ey are right. :D
doggylover6

Post by doggylover6 »

You should get a Shih Tzu they're great with kids and cute.