Beagals

Breed specific discussion of your favorite breed.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

KimnBoys

Beagals

Post by KimnBoys »

I have a silly question--myself and a few other people I know who are proud owners of Beagals have noticed that even though they can have a bath within a day or two they smell like---well Fritos Is that normal for the breed? Wow talk about feeling silly :oops: :roll:
Noobs

Re: Beagals

Post by Noobs »

My dog's feet smell like Fritos, and he's not a Beagle. :lol:
Leigha

Post by Leigha »

I've never noticed my beagle smelling like fritos... to me, he smells like sunshine (talk about sounding silly). I don't bathe mine, and he spends a lot of time outside when it's nice out.
KimnBoys

Post by KimnBoys »

ok well i dont feel bad thinking they smell like something then lol
laceygraves1995

Post by laceygraves1995 »

dont feel silly, my dog smells like fish and we never eat fish or bring her to a lake or anything, and she cant be swimming in the fish tank because she is a lab and the tank is 5 gallons, i would of known if she was taking a dip lol and besides she hates water, oh and another thing there is not fish in the cats or dogs food
lawp79

Post by lawp79 »

Erm im not fure what a frito is but from a bit of seach engine work I have found out that it is a crisp?

I have a Basset and while they are not the same breed they are related, I must say that he has a.....erm smell of his own which is what I believe people call a "hound scent" its a kind of musky smell which I find gets worse if I bath him!
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

If they are fed commercial food, especially dried food, it is likely to be the substances added to the food to make it smell appetising. The smell lingers in the dog's skin and also in the poop.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS