Min Pin

Breed specific discussion of your favorite breed.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Monstersmom

Min Pin

Post by Monstersmom »

I just adopted a min pin about a week ago. He is my first min pin and I would love to hear of peoples experiences with this breed.
***Melissa***

Re: Min Pin

Post by ***Melissa*** »

I don't know much about min pins, but do post some piccies of yours :D
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams
CarolLynn

Post by CarolLynn »

I have a min pin that I adopted in July. She is absolutely the most loving dog I've ever had. She's on my lap every chance she gets. She loves to burrow in blankets, even in the summer.
Abby
Abby
Abby.jpg (70.92 KiB) Viewed 4324 times
***Melissa***

Post by ***Melissa*** »

How cute!
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams
angiebriggs

Post by angiebriggs »

I was so glad to find someone else to share my enthusiasm for Min Pins! I rescued the most wonderful little guy from the humane society last August. I took him home only for a couple of days because he was supposed to be kept from cats, he was growly, blah, blah, blah. It ends up, he is great with cats, goes to work with me everyday and makes his rounds to everyone in the office. He brings so much joy into my life and I lost about 30 pounds since I got him. We go to the dog park, he goes with us to all our family functions and behaves like a perfect gentleman every time. I can't say enough how much I love this dog!! They do require a firm leader. If you let them think they are running the show, they will. Just give them set boundaries and be consistent. They are notorious for weight problems because they will eat anything. (including kitty-roca) Not pleasant. Hopefully I can figure out how to attach some pictures because he is gorgeous. He was found as a stray, sat at the pound for a month and came to me for a reason. I feel sorry for whoever let this little guy get away but he is a part of our family now!! Well, I can't figure out how to do the picture just yet. He is black and tan with natural ears just like little Abby there. His name is Leroy Brown. We just call him Leroy.
sstacyd123

Post by sstacyd123 »

Hi!

LoLa, our 14 month old Min Pin, is our first small dog and what a challenge she has been! I'm guilty of spoiling her rotten and babying her. Shes just so dang cute I find myself laughing at her when I should be scolding her. My daughter (18) is the enforcer and my husband is the play machine.

We did manage to housebreak her pretty easy. Shes somewhat trained, but I swear shes got some cat in her! She has an understanding with my cats and gets along great with our 10 yr. old Pit Bull. She just needs to learn some manners.

How did you get your dog to be comfortable with other people and dogs? LoLa is scared of everything.... She does like people though because our neighbor took the time to let her come to him and they're great friends now.