CORGIS!

Breed specific discussion of your favorite breed.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Zeldacorgi

CORGIS!

Post by Zeldacorgi »

So, my corgi puppy is starting to come up with all sorts of new ways to "talk" to us. Right now, my favorite one is when she flips on her back to play with us, she honks like a goose.

Our breeder sent us this video a while ago, which I thought was hilarious. Zelda's starting to talk like an elephant. :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tvwqTfES3o

Any corgi owners out there? What fun noises does your corgi make?
wvvdiup1

Re: CORGIS!

Post by wvvdiup1 »

That was a cute and funny video, Zeldacorgi! :D I'm still laughing and it got my dog's attention, too! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
Zeldacorgi

Post by Zeldacorgi »

So within the past week, Zelda started a new growl. And the best way I can interpret it is as an alarm growl. Most of the time it pops up for seemingly no reason. It's very low, drawn-out, quiet, no teeth showing. She gets very attentive and still. I can break her focus (by saying a sweet, happy, quiet "hey! whatcha thinking?"), she'll look at me, then go back to this growl. I'm just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on why she might do this. It's not bothersome, just puzzling. She's only 4 months old, and while I appreciate this protective (?) effort, I'm pretty sure she can't defend me yet. :-)
forkin14

Post by forkin14 »

:lol: Love that video, so creative!
Zeldacorgi

Post by Zeldacorgi »

Zelda met her first corgis since we brought her home! Maybe it's my imagination, but she seemed to be much more curious and comfortable with meeting these corgis than she has any other breed. It was really fun to see. :D Although these corgis were F to the A to the T. Definitely a lesson on not overfeeding your corgi (the owners are working on this problem).
Banana_Republic

Post by Banana_Republic »

Aww I know this thread is old, but I just had to post :D. I have a 3 month old Corgi named Watson. I've wanted one for eight years and I finally found him. He was exactly what I wanted and we even have the same birthday! He can be a handful though and I call him a little demon sometimes (it's out of love honestly :P).

He is the cutest little thing when he is sleepy lol. He spreads out like superman and it looks like he has little chicken wings for legs :P. Even when he makes me so angry, I can't help but get all mushy inside when he's sweepy.

He also makes a lot of interesting sounds. His play growl is highly amusing.

And his interactions with my parents dogs Thor (a Rottie) and Trooper (a Weimaraner) are hilarious. I really want to get a video of them together. If I do, I'll totally post it here.
Elementary my dear Holmes