Golden Retrievers

Breed specific discussion of your favorite breed.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

HunniBunni

Golden Retrievers

Post by HunniBunni »

I haven't seen a thread on them yet in here, so I figured I would make one. I am a novice with the breed, as I have only had Hunni for about 2 months. I have to say I do believe I may be an addict to them now. :)
Labsrule

Re: Golden Retrievers

Post by Labsrule »

Hello Hunnibunni, I will put a reply up for you. Yes Goldies are lovely and I can understand how you could easlily become addicted to them, as puppies they are really appealing. I sometimes work my dogs alongside 2 Goldies and they seem to use their eyes more than their noses to hunt with, they also seem to love water. I hope your puppy brings you much happiness. Sue.
HunniBunni

Post by HunniBunni »

Hi Sue, thanks for the reply. :) My lil one loves to use her nose more than anything right now. She really enjoy finding scent trails. Hunni does love water, so much she has her own wading pool and sometimes takes baths of her own accord with my son. The only downside so far is her being so hot natured. We have to really be careful of waiting for a good temp to take her for her walks and explorations. In AZ, those times are infrequent during the summer. Thankfully my husband is an AC tech, so at least we will never have to worry about the house becoming hot.

I
pam

Post by pam »

Hi there, I have a 3yr old golden retriever and he has a fantastic nature. He's quite laid back and get bossed around by the cat :)
He is also the messiest dog I have ever had and can find a muddy puddle anywhere, luckily he loves getting a bath and being groomed.
He's been a great family dog.
DogzRule1996

Post by DogzRule1996 »

I have a golden mix but he's still mostly golden. He loves to play fetch and he once jumped into our local pond tempted by ducks that a little boy was feeding :lol:
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
♫♪(¯` ¸(¯`'•.¸**¸.•'´¯)¸.• ¯)♫♪
(¯`'•. --=-_Stop Animal Cruelty Now!_-=-- `'• .¸_)
(_¸-_(_¸.•'´*♫♪♫♪*`'•.¸_)`'• .¸_)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)
visNK

Post by visNK »

I'll have a golden retriever puppy coming to my home early spring. And I'm trying to prepare best I can. Loads of reading, searching - and I have one question - cause I heard of two opinions on this matter. What is better for golden retriever puppy? Collar or harness?
Shellie

Post by Shellie »

VisNK, congrats on your soon to be new addition! :D Goldens are wonderful dogs. I have a golden/pyrenees mix that is a treasure.

I personally prefer harnesses over collars for both pups and adult dogs. They're more secure, don't choke them and I have more control when it's necessary to have it.

Post pics when your pup arrives, I'd love to see him/her! :D
Circadian

Post by Circadian »

This is my Allergy Dog! ohh I mean Golden :)
Attachments
lucyliu.jpg
lucyliu.jpg (44.43 KiB) Viewed 7805 times
visNK

Post by visNK »

There we go. My sweetheart in the age of 5 days:

jakesmom

Post by jakesmom »

What a gorgeous looking dog. Hope you get years of fun together :D
Gordiesmom

Post by Gordiesmom »

I have a wonderful Golden Retriever that is two years old. She is what we call a "working dog". She goes to work everyday with her Dad and spends the entire day running the golf course, chasing squirrels, the ducks at the pond, she especially loves when some of the older folks who golf let her follow along their cart while they golf. She is great at fetching their ball should they ask her to. Because she is in and out of the pond daily and into the woods we have her shaved three times a year otherwise we have to constantly spend hours getting stick tights out of her. We chose this breed because so many others people would be fearful of when she comes running at everyone. Nobody is ever afraid of a Golden. It is wonderful to see her in action at the course greeting golfers etc.
I would love to post her pic but have yet to figure out how to do it on here.
jakesmom

Post by jakesmom »

Hi Gordiesmom

The first post in 'Pictures of your dog' tells you how to go about putting a photo on here.

I followed the instructions the other day.
Gordiesmom

Post by Gordiesmom »

http://s1122.photobucket.com/albums/l52 ... G_0325.jpg

Picture of our golden Emma Jean walking our Belgian Shepard Gordie !
Gordiesmom

Post by Gordiesmom »

Gordiesmom

Post by Gordiesmom »

Finally figured out how to post pictures!