Dogue De Bordeaux Anyone?

Breed specific discussion of your favorite breed.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

laurab2479

Dogue De Bordeaux Anyone?

Post by laurab2479 »

Hi,
Just wondered if anyone has one of these gorgeous dogs? We are getting a pup,who is due to be born in 2 days,so in 8wks time and want to know everything We can about them,Googling is fine but I would love to actually hear from people who have one.
Thanks,xx
Fundog

Re: Dogue De Bordeaux Anyone?

Post by Fundog »

chelle & honey have one-- she does visit fairly often, but not daily. You might want to get her attention sooner by sending out a PM. It is very likely she will get a notification in her email that she has a message waiting for her here.
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
Noobs

Re: Dogue De Bordeaux Anyone?

Post by Noobs »

Ooh, have a great time. If I can offer any advice it's that they'll grow up to be huge, so just imagine them at 100 lbs when they climb up your leg and do those cute things that puppies do. And put a stop to it early! :lol: I have a friend with an 80 lb Lab who she's now having a devil of a time stopping from jumping. She still resorts to a leash tug and yelling 'no jumping' and I always just turn my back when she tries to jump on me. She (the owner) is a strong personality so I don't bother telling her how to train her dog.