What do you think my rescue dog is?

Breed specific discussion of your favorite breed.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

kawaiidesu343

What do you think my rescue dog is?

Post by kawaiidesu343 »

The best I have come up with is a Labrador crossed with an English Setter, but I don't really know. I am pretty much certain on the Lab part, as I grew up with one and he definitely sheds like a Lab. (THE HAIR IS EVERYWHERE!!!) But I am not certain on what else he could be! I don't know anything about his background as he is a rescue and had been seized from an abusive home. I have had some people say they see Pit Bull in him, but I don't really see that! He is about 65lbs, though when I rescued him he weighed 38 and was a skinny mini.

Freckles on his face.

Best I can do for what his coloring looks like.

Fairly decent body shot.

He eats everything. Including sand.
JudyN

Re: What do you think my rescue dog is?

Post by JudyN »

I can see the lab, and something houndy... I've just been looking at pics of lab beagle crosses and there's a similarity, though they mostly have longer ears.
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
gwd

Post by gwd »

kawaiidesu343 wrote:The best I have come up with is a Labrador crossed with an English Setter, but I don't really know.
i don't see any english setter in there........nothing about the ear set, skull shape, feet, bone, tail, .......nothing about any of that indicates setter.

lab/pointer perhaps?

a cutie for sure!.........btw, you might want to give a bit of attention to the nails. they're far too long and are causing the feet to splay.
kawaiidesu343

Post by kawaiidesu343 »

Ugh, yes, the nails are a constant battle. He will absolutely not let me near his feet with ANYTHING except my hands, and I can't hold him all by myself. With his bite history I don't particularly want someone else to have to help me with this. He recently had them cut at the vet, these pictures are older!
Suzette

Post by Suzette »

What a cutie pie! I also thought lab/pointer when I saw your pics. Whatever he is, he is a lovely dog! :D

Oh, by the way, here is a clicker training video that might help you with cutting your dog's nails: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgEwiH8CeUE

I used this method on my brother-in-laws huge lab and it worked very well. Where it once took three of us to cut his nails (two men to hold him and me struggling to cut them), now I can do them all by myself with little to no fussing on his part. :D
My avatar is Piper, my sweet Pembroke Corgi. b. 5/11/11
Sabrina

Post by Sabrina »

Suzette wrote:Oh, by the way, here is a clicker training video that might help you with cutting your dog's nails: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgEwiH8CeUE
That video is great - Shows how to change your dog's thinking from "this is being done to me and I hate it!" to "I can chose to allow this so that I get a reward!"
If you haven't done clicker training before, check out this thread for how to get started: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513

I don't have any ideas on Geno's breed mix, but he sure is a lovely boy!
Dixies momma

Post by Dixies momma »

the face is like my bff dog georgie. he is yellow lab the dog could be lab mix..
Jake n Dixies momma