my mutt, any ideas?

Breed specific discussion of your favorite breed.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Ryliesmom

my mutt, any ideas?

Post by Ryliesmom »

Hi everybody,

Was wondering what my Rylie might be a mix of. It makes no diference to me, just curious :) She just had a strange growth spurt at almost 3 years old. Since I adopted her 18 months ago she was 7 pounds, and they said full grown, then about a month ago she got a little longer and taller and gained 2 1/2 pounds!! But she looks really healthy and nothing else has changed so I think it is okay :)
She has super high energy, loves to run and LOVES to chase squirrels and birds. She also loves to be the chaser and the one being chased at the dog park. She is super fast and sort of leaps and bounds instead of regular running when she gets really excited. She also prances when she walks (not sure if that is related to a specific breed or not).
Hopefully that is helpful information. Can't wait to hear your ideas about Rylie's mix :)
Attachments
rylie on the run.jpg
rylie on the run.jpg (51.52 KiB) Viewed 5587 times
rylie with pug.jpg
rylie with pug.jpg (62.16 KiB) Viewed 5587 times
Rylie's first picture.jpg
Rylie's first picture.jpg (13.08 KiB) Viewed 5587 times
chay

Re: my mutt, any ideas?

Post by chay »

lookit those ears! :D

she reminds me a lot of my family dog when i was a kid, she had the big bat ears like that - she was a rescue and they told us she was a toy foxy mix, but who knows. terriers do love to chase, she looks a similar shape but with a full tail (our corey was docked already when we rescued her)

i've just googled some foxy pics for an example of the ears i was talking about!

Image Image

whatever she is, she's gorgeous :D
Ryliesmom

Post by Ryliesmom »

Thanks Chay!!! Nobody had ever mentioned toy fox terrier before. I am so excited, after reading about toy fox terriers, I am sure she's got quite a lot of this little dog in her. Her personality fits the descriptions almost exactly, and it explains her desire to chase, chase, chase!! Thanks again :)
chay

Post by chay »

haha glad to have been a help! whatever she is, she's terribly pretty :)
RibbonZakuroSpear13

Post by RibbonZakuroSpear13 »

Min Pin. That dog just screams Min Pin!
dobieboi

Post by dobieboi »

Ears, and nose are Toy Fox terrier.
Tail and eyes, hind legs are Chihuahua.
Long body is dachshund
Neil J Hutchins, VTS
cpartist

Post by cpartist »

Or a rat terrier. The face is definitely not min pin. My dog (american hairless terrier or to be precise, a rat terrier without hair) is constantly being mistaken for a min pin but the face is definitely different.
BLM

Post by BLM »

I see (the potential for) Chihuahua, Dachshund, Min Pin, Manchester Terrier, Whippet, Italian Greyhound.