Another succesful evening!

Share your experience and tell us how using positive reinforcement training methods has changed yours and your dogs' lives.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

ladybug1802

Another succesful evening!

Post by ladybug1802 »

I had my friend come round for dinner this evening....her husband is away so she was coming alone and bringing her dog, Biba. I put Dylan in his crate when she came round, which in hindsight is great when people and no dogs come round, but next time a dog comes round I will just put him behind the baby gate as think he felt a bit threatened being shut in there when another dog came into his home....altho he does know Biba.

So we took Biba into th garden, then I let Dylan out and let them say hello outside....then all was fine.....and what I was over the moon pleased about was that straight away he went over to Jo (my friend) and sniffed her quite happily. For the rest of the evening he was playing with Biba and quite a few times actually came over to Jo for some attention. Not one incident at all and not one fearful look or hesitattion!

And what was amazing was tghat he was happy to share his toys with Biba too.....he was brilliant!

So I am very proud of him indeed!
Sarah83

Re: Another succesful evening!

Post by Sarah83 »

Well done you and Dylan! :mrgreen:
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

Wonderful, that's great to hear! :D
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
Wicket

Post by Wicket »

Yay Dylan!
vicki

Post by vicki »

So nice to read a success story!
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

nice. way to go dylan.