well mannered

Share your experience and tell us how using positive reinforcement training methods has changed yours and your dogs' lives.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

woodster

well mannered

Post by woodster »

I just wanted to post to thank everyone for the help you have given me and my dog woody. He has come along incredibly well and we can go right up to his food bowl nowand put more in and take it away (when he is finished of course!) which is something i would have never been able to do. If i even looked at it a few months back he would start to act up. I have noticed that now he is more confident with his food that he has become happier overall and is now the friendliest dog you could imagine! :lol:

We have also figured out how to get something off him when he steals it. We just close the door, he hates being on his own when we're in the other room! then we open it and he can only come in when he has left the object down.

Thanks again for all your advice!
Fundog

Re: well mannered

Post by Fundog »

Good job! This is a classic example of "thinking outside the box" in regards to positive training! It really takes all the tension off everyone, all around, doesn't it? 8)
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

I'll say "Good job!" too! Way to go, Woodster! :D You've learned that "thinking outside the box" tells you how well flexible positive reinforced training works! :D Keep up the good work! :D
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
woodster

Post by woodster »

thanks guys! The whole household is a lot more relaxed now. Any issues that come up are easily sorted now that we're both more confident and all the family are using the same methods which also helps :lol: We just taught him "focus" which for some reason he absolutely loves to do. Yesterday he stole the remote and mum just said "woody focus" and he instantly dropped the remote and came running with his tail wagging frantically. we then told him to leave it and he went away to play with his toys instead :lol: