daughter able to walk Sky

Share your experience and tell us how using positive reinforcement training methods has changed yours and your dogs' lives.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

MPbandmom

daughter able to walk Sky

Post by MPbandmom »

My daughter came home this weekend for a visit from college. I invited her to go with me to walk the dogs as it had become dark while we chatted. Her helping would get both dogs walked at the same time. Sky started out a bit wound up as would be expected with the change in circumstances but started to settle back down fairly quickly. On the way back Sirius stopped a couple of times (the first time in a very dark spot so I had to wait for a car or two to come by to be able to clean up :P ) which resulted in my daughter getting separated from us. Once separated, Sky settled down totally, and they had a wonderful walk for the rest of the way home.

Sirius got a bit of a run as I realized a couple of houses away from mine that a family walking a yorkie was returning from their walk which had been in the opposite direction of ours. I started running to get to my house before the family did. Once that dog gets going, it is hard to get her to change direction. :lol: We got to the driveway, and the yorkie family had stopped at the neighbors house (I don't know, maybe something about seeing a crazy lady and dog running towards them :lol: ) I was calling for Sirius to turn into the driveway, turn! turn! not totally sure if I was going to manage the turn myself. I did manage to turn before running into the neighbors fence and continued calling Sirius to come on and she did then follow me on up the driveway. Then she lay down and panted for a while (I was ready to join her in that too :lol: )

Reportedly Sky had wanted to go see the yorkie and family also, but had willingly followed my daughter up the driveway and into the house.

If only my daughter was taking classes closer to home so she could help me more often. :(
Grammy to Sky and Sirius, who came to live with me, stole my heart, and changed my life forever as I took over their care and learned how to be a dog owner.
Mattie

Re: daughter able to walk Sky

Post by Mattie »

If your daughter was able to help you walk your dogs then all the success wouldn't be your's either, some will be her's. :lol:

Well done, you have come a long way from when you first started with us, isn't it lovely when we realise that our dogs have improved. :lol:
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
jacksdad

Re: daughter able to walk Sky

Post by jacksdad »

woohooo, nice, excellent, party time.... 8)