I Like What Another Member Suggested On How To Teach my Dogs

Share your experience and tell us how using positive reinforcement training methods has changed yours and your dogs' lives.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Christie

I Like What Another Member Suggested On How To Teach my Dogs

Post by Christie »

I have worked with both Dutchie And Betsy out In the back yard briefly with sit and stay due to the heat but they are learning to sit and stay even off leash in the back I will probably work on come and down later on when it cools down enough where I can stay out longer I did come only a couple of times with Dutchie on come but I can tell you right off the bat that she will be a challange when I get those down commands with Dotchie the down will be a challenge it always have been in the past. But so far they both did good on sit and stay I can't remember which member suggested that I work with them off leash in the back yard off leash but I like her suggestion that when I asked how to get out of staying in 1 lesson to the point it gets boring to the dogs when she said used all 5 lessons at 1 time I don't think Betsy is ready for 3 out of the 5 commands yet.but Dutchie is ready for 3 of the 5 out of command & right now I can only work with Betsy on sit and stay and they did good for the first time too.:D
Mattie

Re: I Like What Another Member Suggested On How To Teach my Dogs

Post by Mattie »

Christie, I don't work like that, I perfer to give my dogs commands when I am working round the house, sit, down, wait etc, I find my dogs respond to them much quicker because I am working them more without the boredom of being in the same place all the time.

Training our dogs is not 5 or 10 minute sessions, it is all day and every day in all situations.
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
Christie

Re: I Like What Another Member Suggested On How To Teach my Dogs

Post by Christie »

Thanks