small successes that just make you darn proud

Share your experience and tell us how using positive reinforcement training methods has changed yours and your dogs' lives.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

dontpugme

small successes that just make you darn proud

Post by dontpugme »

I'm on vacation and away from max. :( Our family friend here has a pug he let us dog sit for about a month. He's been with us about 2 days. Where we are, dogs aren't held to very high standards, but my whole family are pug finatics. (My aunt decorated her house with hundreds of different pug memorabilia. She sends me some too sometimes. I don't complain. :) ) His name is Bush (I didn't name him, but he was named after the former president of the US.) He maybe around 10 years old, has bad skin, suffers hair loss, may be a little bit deaf, and is pretty skinny. I went straight to working with him on obedience commands. Here, they normally don't teach the dog anything unless its a working dog. Today he mastered puppy push ups. (I felt kind of strange telling my mom that 10 year old Bush could do puppy push ups.) This is really small, but i'm only gonna be with Bush for about a month and i wanted to get my doggy fix immediately. :lol: I'm kinda embarrased to say this, but i brought max's clicker with me (I knew i would miss him a lot :oops: :) ) and i'm gonna start working with Bush on clicker training. It's a shame we couldn't bring max with us. Our yard here would be his garden of eden. The front and 2 side yards are about 5 or 6 times as large as our house in texas.
--dontpugme
Wicket

Re: small successes that just make you darn proud

Post by Wicket »

Proof that ol' dogs can new tricks! :) I'm glad you're improving Bush's life. :D
bmbutler

Post by bmbutler »

Great job. (I like the name. :D )
Blackie's and Misty's Mom
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

Well done, :D
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Great job, Dontpugme! :D :lol:

His name is Bush, huh? :?
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

My grandmother named him Bush a long time ago. She also named her other two dogs Tiboy and Don-Don after her (and now our) two drivers. :lol:
--dontpugme
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

puppy push ups, that's funny. good work though.
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

I would love to see your dog do push-ups, Dontpugme! :D Get videos of him doing push-ups so that we can see them! :D
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

I think our camera is exhausted. It refuses to work. We're borrowing my uncle's camera, but we forgot to ask for the little wire to connect it to the computer.
--dontpugme