Yey!!! just taught Missy to speak on command

Share your experience and tell us how using positive reinforcement training methods has changed yours and your dogs' lives.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

maximoo

Re: Yey!!! just taught Missy to speak on command

Post by maximoo »

I finally made a youtube account.

Here is Max answering "Who Let the Dogs Out?" Its not perfect. but cute all the same :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIjUkkrmfnQ
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Your lucky, Maximoo! So far, all I've got from Karma was a growl and then a short "woof!" :roll:
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Rocky has a really good 'ruff' type bark (rather than a deep 'woof' or a higher yip..).

So playing on the fact that it sounds like hes saying 'rough'..... he speaks on a hand signal without a specific command - then I will ask him an amusing or rude question, the answer to whcih is 'rough'...

So - 'Hey Rocky.... what are the girl dogs like on xyz housing estate?' - Rrrrrrrrough! Or -Hows life then? .... 'Rough!'

If people dont know that I am giving the hand signal, its quite funny, even without the connection with teh word sounding like the bark.

Being sensible for a moment th ough, funny/cute tricks can be great but never let someone laugh AT your dog - with is fine. At is not and most dogs in my experience know they are being laughed AT in a derogatory way (as opposed to 'with' in a friendly, companionable way).

Fine line to tread and some folk probably wouldnt care... but I do.
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant