sssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Share your experience and tell us how using positive reinforcement training methods has changed yours and your dogs' lives.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

meggit

sssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Post by meggit »

buddy goes mad at the hover he hates it barks at it tries to bite it so i have been working on sssssssshhhhhhhhh with a hand signal to try to stop him and today it worked perfectly OH hovered while i got buddys attention and did the shhhhhhhhhh thing and he sat and watched me constantly and only barked once im so proud of him, next thing to work on is the lawn mover that might take a little longer :D :D :D :D
Fundog

Re: sssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Post by Fundog »

Oh, WELL done! I've been working with Dottie on something similar: She goes crazy when the UPS truck drives past our house (it has a deep growly engine). She runs outside barking her head off. So I've been calling her to me before she gets outside, and get her to sit next to me and I pet her and tell her "shh.. and good girl." She sits there and makes that chuffing sound, but that's a lot better than running outside and barking.
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

I wonder if that would work with Jack?
meggit

Post by meggit »

well im amazed he started to bark at the hover again today and i had no one else here so had to use shhhhhhh and hand sign while still using hover and it worked he focused on me and just sat on his bed im so proud of him :D but discovered it dosnt work when hes barking at people walking by :( so its back to the drawing board for that one :)