They are almost new dogs!

Share your experience and tell us how using positive reinforcement training methods has changed yours and your dogs' lives.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

gsd_51994

They are almost new dogs!

Post by gsd_51994 »

I have posted a little bit ago, about our dogs Dude and Goofy. They used to bark a lot, pee and poo in the house and bark at strangers on walks.

Now, they do not bark half as much, never pee or poop in the house and rarely will bark at a stranger on a walk.

With your guys help, we have well behaved dogs. They still have some small problems, no doubt about it. When Stubbie (my sisters cat) comes in from outside, Dude will chase and bark at him. I taught Dude 'leave it' and it hasn't been much of an issue lately. And when Goofy jumps over the bathroom gate and leaves Dude behind. (they get locked in the bathroom when we are gone) They both have a good recall, and we take them on hikes up a more isolated trail almost everyday. They love running around and being free. Plus it tires them out pretty quickly ;)

I want to thank all of you guys for all of your help. :)
Fundog

Re: They are almost new dogs!

Post by Fundog »

That's great, thanks so much for the update. It's so nice to know when we've actually helped someone, and made a difference in the lives of their dogs, and in their families. :D
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Well done to you guys for putting in the work. Its easy enough for us to tell you what to do... but its YOU that has to do it! :D Cyber cake and cyber dog treats all round! Well done!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

it's nice when the results of your hard work start being the norm isn't it