buddy

Share your experience and tell us how using positive reinforcement training methods has changed yours and your dogs' lives.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

meggit

buddy

Post by meggit »

buddy is comming on in leaps and bounds, today while walking with him and my grandson he did several recalls( buddy that is grandson has no recall at all :P ) perfectly he then sat and had a treat while another dog walked past us which is a big first, his LLW needs more work but we are getting there. i just cant belive that i have managed to get this far with him im so proud of him and me
Mattie

Re: buddy

Post by Mattie »

You have every right to be proud, you have worked hard to get Buddy to this stage so give yourself a big pat on the back.

I do love the success stories, they give everyone the heart to continue. :D
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Well done to you and buddy (and your grandson and hubby too!)... you should go back and find your first everpost here and compare it to now..... that would give you a big boost you have come further than you think!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

emmabeth wrote:Well done to you and buddy (and your grandson and hubby too!)... you should go back and find your first everpost here and compare it to now..... that would give you a big boost you have come further than you think!
That's for sure! I think you all should go out for an ice cream (make it just the last lick from the spoon when you're all done for Buddy, though). You deserve it! :D
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

Woooo!!! Excellent news! I'm with Fundog. Ice cream for everyone, and the last lick for buddy! (Or the last bite of the cone!)
meggit

Post by meggit »

well im amazed today while ive been at work my grandson has been training buddy and got him to do all the things he allready knows and has started him on a new trick and even more amazing is that grandson who is 9 (nearly 10) can read some of buddy's body language where as OH cant read him at all :( but buddy is growing up and dosnt need me as much any more he wont sit and cuddle with me on the couch any more he much prefers one of his many beds (cushions) that he has all over the house (they were for the cats but buddy has claimed them now) :(
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

congrats on the progress. feels good doesn't it?

your grandson is impressive for taking the level of interest he is. that's a lot for a 10 year old. Though I have always felt, 9/10 year olds are incredibly mature for their age. Enjoy it while it lasts though, Jr high is around the corner and as you most likely know, kids tend to take some backwards steps maturity wise during those years.

anyway, again nice going Buddy, Meggit, and grandson