going poo OUTSIDE!

Share your experience and tell us how using positive reinforcement training methods has changed yours and your dogs' lives.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

pmcrae71

going poo OUTSIDE!

Post by pmcrae71 »

We have finally gotten Connor going poo outside! For the longest time he'd poo everywhere in the house. Even after taking him out for walks, as soon as we came inside, he'd poo. I tried walking right back out to the back door and walk him around the back yard but he would not poo outside! As soon as his paws hit the inside floor, there'd he go. We weren't able to walk much around the neighborhood from all the dogs just running loose. But there haven't been any in sometime. I guess the pound picked them up or the people moved but we can now enjoy our walks and Connor is pooing before we make the first round. He has started to loose some weight now that we can walk more. He had gotten up to 21 lbs. Pretty chunky for a min pin. Now he's down to 17.5! Ozzy is getting to where he can make it around the block once (it's about 1/4 of a mile). He has trouble with his front left paw. He was jumping out of my truck and hyper extended the ankle. He couldn't walk on it for 6 wks. Now he is getting to where he can walk around the block once before he starts limping and we head for home. He put on some weight from that injury. He weighed 73 lbs last vet visit, about three weeks ago. He should be around 55-60. In a few more weeks I'll run him up to the office to see how much he weighs, if he's lost any weight. Even one pound will be exciting.
maximoo

Re: going poo OUTSIDE!

Post by maximoo »

If you have a petsmart that's closer than the vet's office they should have a scale (If Banfield is in it) That's where I weigh Max :D

Oh & YAY for Connor! Belly rubs & heiny scratches for him!
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

That is fantastic news - amazing how we never thought we could get excited about poo!! :lol:
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

:lol: :lol: I second that-- speaking of getting excited about poo-- Dottie's new high-fiber diet is working soooo well for her! It's so much easier to pick up now, and in fact, unless I actually see them go, I can't tell whose is whose anymore!
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.