Thanks Everyone!

Share your experience and tell us how using positive reinforcement training methods has changed yours and your dogs' lives.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

zekesmom

Thanks Everyone!

Post by zekesmom »

Thanks to Victoria's show and all the information on these boards, we have come a long way with Zeke. He is now 16 weeks old. About 3 weeks ago, I seriously didn't think we'd be able to keep him. I was bleeding and bruised from sharp puppy teeth and mouthing. He seems like a totally different dog now! And I owe it all to the show and these boards. THANK YOU!!! The biggest reward is now we can sit on the floor and Zeke will crawl in our lap and snuggle (as long as he has a chew stick :lol: ).

Ya know, when I first started watching the show, I remember thinking that there was no way behavior could change that quickly. How WRONG I was. It really can be that quick. This human just needed a lot of training!! He's still not perfect, but it's SOOO much better. We just keep working with him. Next up - loose leash walking. He's now 45 lbs and starting to pull. :roll:

You guys have really helped get us to the point where I can see the great dog we'll have one day. And that was the whole point of getting this puppy. Now, if I could just work this magic on my 6 year old little boy! One day we hope they'll be buddies, but for now, my son just avoids him because he thinks he'll be nipped. He'll talk to him over the baby gate and pet him, but that's all. Sigh. One day.....
surviving puppyhood
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

Congrats! It's probably best to separate your son and the dog anyway since Zeke has such sharp teeth. Better to say hi over the babygate than to have a child/dog misunderstanding, right?

Go to the loose leash walking thread in the "Methods" section. I swear by that method! You can do it!! :D
wvvdiup1

Re: Thanks Everyone!

Post by wvvdiup1 »

We're glad to have helped you! Since it has been a couple of months since we've heard from you, we're wondering how you and your dog are doing?
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown