The momets in life that make you proud

Share your experience and tell us how using positive reinforcement training methods has changed yours and your dogs' lives.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

marie estey

The momets in life that make you proud

Post by marie estey »

We've had a crazy year so far moving into a new home getting a third dog. Theres one thing though I was sure was going to happen and that was getting my border collie into training classes. I was finally able to get her into a reactive dog class that uses positive reinforcement. We have 3 more weeks to go but I'm very excited/proud of how far she has come. She went from the dog that in the vary first class couldn't even be in the same room as a life size stuffed dog. To walking side by side and looking at strange dogs with out reacting. I don't think words can express how happy I am that she and I have come so far.
The trainer is wonderful and amazing and before I started the class she told me to read this book called click to calm Great read
http://www.amazon.com/Click-Calm-Healin ... 1890948209

Just thought I'd share.
JudyN

Re: The momets in life that make you proud

Post by JudyN »

Well done, that is a real achievement :D I think Click to Calm is a great book too.
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
marie estey

Post by marie estey »

Thanks Judy and yes click to calm saved my life I suggest it all the time now to people who ask me. That and to see my awesome trainer I love her she's wonderful. I'm still just over the moon by how far the two of us have come.
DianeLDL

Post by DianeLDL »

How great! :D

I jist got the book Click to Calm and hoping it will help me with our chi mix. It is hard fonding a good trainer, so I am so glad you found one.

Continued successes! :D :D :)

Disne
Sandy, Chihuahua mix b. 12/20/09