Sorry - have to brag about my girl!

Share your experience and tell us how using positive reinforcement training methods has changed yours and your dogs' lives.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Trinity'smum

Sorry - have to brag about my girl!

Post by Trinity'smum »

On Sunday we took our GSD Trinity and the 3 children to a country park not far from home.

After a nice walk we started to make our way back to the car. It became immediatedly apparent that there was some sort of Husky meet and on the only path back to the car we had to pass.....

2 seperate teams of Huskies (1 of 6, 1 of 8 )
a lady with 4 GSD/GSD crosses of various sizes and ages
2 GSD puppies, and further along a young GSD which has escaped its owner and was ranging around alone

a couple of labs, staffies and a HUGE weimaraner.

as we passed a pair of Miniature Scnauzers they went nuts lunging and (I can only describe the sound as) screaming at us.

With only 3 pieces of hot dog left, we passed without a single lunge, not a bark, no raised hackles, no lead pulling.

This would be unthinkable only a few months ago....thanks to the advice and support from this forum, it was a doddle.

We have gone from my husband wanting to get the police to take her, to him basking in the praise from another dog owner saying how well she had handled the other dogs barking at her.

We are still a work in progress, but are all less stressed and much happier!! :D
Ari_RR

Re: Sorry - have to brag about my girl!

Post by Ari_RR »

:lol: brilliant!!
Next time though have more hot dogs, just in case!
Suzette

Post by Suzette »

What a wonderful success story! Great, great job with your dog!! Thanks so much for sharing! :D :D
My avatar is Piper, my sweet Pembroke Corgi. b. 5/11/11
Erica

Post by Erica »

That is something to brag about for sure! Isn't that just the best feeling?
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
gwd

Post by gwd »

kudos to BOTH girls! yes she was a rock star, no doubt about that! however, it was possible because of your hard work! cheers to both of you!
Trinity'smum

Post by Trinity'smum »

Thanks all, sure I'll still be asking for lots of suggestions and advice in the future! :D
CarolineLovesDogs

Post by CarolineLovesDogs »

This is so wonderful and such awesome news!! I'm so happy and proud of you guys and how hard you have worked! I am sure the success is far more than worth it for you work and I hope you continue to have fun training together! Good for you!