A health success....no diarrhea and moved to RAW feeding

Share your experience and tell us how using positive reinforcement training methods has changed yours and your dogs' lives.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

WufWuf

Re: A health success....no diarrhea and moved to RAW feeding

Post by WufWuf »

Poor Jack, I hope things improve for him soon.

At the sanctuary we have a 18 year old JRT who has seizures and I have to say she's one of the most energetic, fit and good natured 18yr old dogs I've ever met, she's still able to jump off benches :shock: (she is now prevented from doing this whenever possible) and runs around like a much younger dog.
Operant conditioning rocks but classical conditioning rules
MPbandmom

Post by MPbandmom »

Best wishes for Jack! Nasty spiders. :twisted:
Grammy to Sky and Sirius, who came to live with me, stole my heart, and changed my life forever as I took over their care and learned how to be a dog owner.
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

thank you all. Jack is having good days and not so good days. the good news is not so good appears to the case of it sounding worse than it really is at this point.

Last Thursday his nose got a single large blister on it, about 1 inch by half inch. Vet wanted to draw some fluid and look at it under a microscope for some "markers" that indicate venom. well by the time we got to the vet hospital to do this, the blister hardened. but was cracking just a little so she was still able to get a little fluid. her and one other vet both looked at it and felt whatever it was they saw confirmed a bite.

by Sunday the blister and muzzle swelling were "gone", but today the dead skin started coming off and there are two small new blisters in the corner of his actual nose :( good news though is those do not appear to be getting larger and are the only new blisters so far. hopefully the last.

on the raw feeding and diarrhea issues and the apparent resolution this thread was supposed to be about...we continue to see no sigh of diarrhea and Jack continues to enjoy his new RAW diet.
runlikethewind

Post by runlikethewind »

Hi JacksDad

Just wanted to lend you my support also from across the pond. Best wishes to Jack