Cyril's SA

Share your experience and tell us how using positive reinforcement training methods has changed yours and your dogs' lives.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Mattie

Cyril's SA

Post by Mattie »

Cyril has had terrible SA, nothing worked, I would come home to so much damage including the crates being completely demolished and had to be thrown out. I tried all the usual methods but nothing worked.

In the end I gave up and started to take him with me, this did cause some problems in the hot weather but discovered if I go about 9am there is some good shade at the supermarket so shopping is done early. Cyril is happy in the car and is really good, never put a paw wrong when in the car.

Last Thursday I had to go to the warfarin clinic so can't take Cyril, left him with Bonnie and some meaty bones, he hadn't destroyed anything but it looked like he had a good time. Today I had to go to the hospital again, left him with meaty bones, came home and the room was as I left it apart from poo on the carpet.

This is a wonderful improvement, he has cost me a fortune in tv remotes and telephones, he used to lift the lid on the storage stool and empty it, I would come home to knitting wool all tangled up and would have to start to sort it out, used to take me days to sort.

I suspect my little boy is becoming normal. :lol:
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
jacksdad

Re: Cyril's SA

Post by jacksdad »

that is good news.

it's very inspiring to hear SA success stories since it's such a overwhelming issue..need to be able to leave dog..but can't and who knows how long it will take to resolve.

with all his other issues, if a routine and stuffed kong hadn't helped Jack I am not sure what I would have done had he gone full blown SA.
Helen2009

Post by Helen2009 »

Brilliant! Sounds like you are on the right road Mattie, well done.
bmbutler

Post by bmbutler »

Thank you for sticking with it and helping him!
Blackie's and Misty's Mom