The Q's have started

Share your experience and tell us how using positive reinforcement training methods has changed yours and your dogs' lives.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

ckranz

The Q's have started

Post by ckranz »

Khan ran brilliantly today in a CPE trial. He had a 32 second standard run though he ran around 1 jump. His jackpot run which featured some nice distance handling was our first qualifying score. This means I can move him up to level 2 for Jackpot. I am so proud of my dog.

Some other amazing successes with Khan....Last week we went lure coursing. I posted some of the picture from the event in the photo section. Anyhow, for dogs the love the sport, they only need to hear the whir of the motor and they are ready to pursue. Khan is definitely game for this activity and I would rank it as his all time favorite. Anyhow, between runs I always put Khan in his crate so I can photograph the other dogs. I used a soft crate this time and Khan managed to remove the zipper stitching and slip out in the middle of a run. The operator of course stopped the lure, but Khan certainly saw the lure, the running dog and heard the motor. All these things that to him lead to an excited chase and what does my dog do..........He runs to where I am shooting and sits. He chose to be with me rather than his most favorite of all activities. Any angst I felt about the damaged crate was gone in an instant. I could not ask for a better dog. He has been a tremendous amount of work, but its all been worth it and now it shows....in agility, luring and his therapy work
ckranz

Re: The Q's have started

Post by ckranz »

Today we had another great jackpot run resulting in a 1st place Q

Khan with his ribbons

nightsrainfall

Post by nightsrainfall »

Congratulations and I really liked the photo! :-D
- Anna

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
~ Roger A. Caras
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

way to go khan.

ya, running to me and sitting....I wouldn't care too much about the crate either.