IMOTD - lack of love from AP

Discussion of Victoria's TV show, It's Me or the Dog.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

leslie123

IMOTD - lack of love from AP

Post by leslie123 »

If it weren't for Facebook and this forum I would have had no idea that the new season was starting. I have AP on a lot during the day. I keep it on in the background while I'm going about my day and I see lots of advertisements for "Pit bulls and parolees", "Pit Boss" , "Animal Hoarders". What I haven't seen once is an ad for the new season of IMOTD. After seeing the first episode of the new season, I'm really worried about the future of IMOTD. That episode left me feeling they want to make it more of a "reality, drama" show rather than an educational show for dog/animal lovers. Thats how most of their shows used to be before they decided to be *Surpsingly Human that is. :roll:
Wicket

Re: IMOTD - lack of love from AP

Post by Wicket »

Yeah I've noticed that too. With the new changes, I'm wondering if the show is on its last legs. :(
leslie123

Post by leslie123 »

Wicket wrote:Yeah I've noticed that too. With the new changes, I'm wondering if the show is on its last legs. :(
:( I've wondered the same.
nightsrainfall

Post by nightsrainfall »

I remember there was a lot of 'hype' for it because the new episodes were going to be US-based and they were asking for people to send in what they would like to see (or something). That said, I don't remember many commercials for when it was starting, but I also have not been watching tv as much since December...

Hopefully it's not on its last legs because I'll be sad to see it go. I really enjoy the episodes and picking up new tidbits of information.
- Anna

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
~ Roger A. Caras
LisaCNH

Post by LisaCNH »

OK I try to be positive. Victoria is awesome. New York has been strange so far, and I also notice a difference in her demeanor.

Here's what I liked about the show:

The training with the stick & clicker (which originated with animals other than dogs)
The pig & chicken training which illustrates the versatility of the training
The castle house (nothing to do with IMOTD, just fun)
The schedule she setup for food & potty
The fact that the rapper bf put effort into the training and schedule
The proposal/marriage (ok kind of fairytailish but cool)
The portraits (gave me some ideas of how to get my poodle to **** her head to take a photo and how to pose my animals)

What I could have done without:
The revealing outfits on the "Queen" of the house
The lack of information about how large this pig will really get (for those who will see this & run out to get one)
The rapping (Victoria was a great sport, but if she wasn't into it, I hope the studio didn't force her which it appeared they did
The last 2 shows in New York were focused on filthy rich spoiled individuals and most of us are not, their overindulgent lifestyles disgust me
starlioness

Post by starlioness »

yeah, I kinda agree the girl ( I forgot her name) should've put on something more.. but It would've been really "interesting" to see Victoria in a wonder woman outfit.. though I'm sure a lot of hate mail would've come from that.

but I had to chuckle at the Lady Bow-wow title.. and the Rap song wasn't half-bad IMO..

so you think a spin-off show featuring Victoria and other animals would be in the works.? I'd loooove for her to train my cat *sigh*.. :lol: :(

Edit: well, I liked the last episode better than the one previous.. but yeah.. some non-rich people would be nice..
chay

Post by chay »

starlioness wrote:but It would've been really "interesting" to see Victoria in a wonder woman outfit.. though I'm sure a lot of hate mail would've come from that.
i'm just going to put it out there. i would not write ANY hate mail if victoria wanted to put on a wonder woman costume. victoria is HOT!

ahem :oops: just sayin' !
starlioness

Post by starlioness »

o.k maybe not hate mail.. but some people would be turned off.. but it's hard not to imagine her in that outfit.. :wink: ..
doxielover

Post by doxielover »

OMG, you can tell AP (Surpringly Human) has ruined IMOTD. I've only watched the first 2 episodes so far (3rd one is on DVR...hope it's better) and was completely disappointed. I actually fast-forwarded through much of the Castle episode...very little information/dog training, etc. Lots of photo shoots, rap, and 2 wanna be TV personalities. Please, please, please, return to the way it used to be. I have used so many techniques on my foster dogs and always look forward to new and innovative methods. This is becoming just another boring reality show. Maybe Victoria should take the show to a different channel.
joekenliz

Post by joekenliz »

I agree with the rest. The show is losing sight of what it's meant to do - help us learn how to teach our dogs. It's more about the people than it is about the dogs. And as a native New Yorker I was so excited to hear that this latest group of episodes would be filmed in my hometown. Well, I'm appalled at the people she has chosen to work with. There ARE normal people in the NYC area! Enough with the obnoxious family issues, the wanna-be stars, and the "socialites". It really has been more like a reality show. Very disappointing. Come on, Victoria. We all loved your old shows - let's get back to basics.........
Marianne1

Post by Marianne1 »

I have to agree with the last post. I don't want to watch dysfunctional families arguing and pointing fingers. I want to see Victoria training dogs. Bring back Fiona and Junie B!
ladybug1802

Post by ladybug1802 »

I think Victoria should come back and do some programmes in the Uk like she started off with.....it was really popular over here and I for one am sad she has left the British behind and doesnt do any work over here now.
Gumby

Post by Gumby »

I loved the Castle episode. She used clicker training on the little pig, she brought in chickens to demonstrate how they are used to train the trainers, she brought the indoor poo and pee problem under control by explaining to the owners why it was happening and how to stop it, and she got a dog dancing. I don't know what else you wanted.

I have 103 episodes recorded on DVR and watch favorites from time to time. Of all those, I rank the Castle episode as my favorite. And let's not forget, Victoria started as an actress. I love the looks she gives to clueless owners and, LOL, clueless dogs. On the Castle episode she had a ton of fun as well as imparting very useful information. Her walking down the staircase giving that regal wave and the rap song were too very bright spots for me. When I turn on the television I want to be entertained and/or educated. Ms. Stilwell takes care of both.
I've seen the look in dogs eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed
contempt, and I am convinced that dogs think humans are nuts.
--John Steinbeck