Dog Kisses

Discussion of Victoria's TV show, It's Me or the Dog.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

OhioRuthie

Dog Kisses

Post by OhioRuthie »

On one of the shows this morning a dog greeted Victoria with a kiss. It's hard to tell exactly where she stands with dogs giving kisses. Does anyone know?

One of the best memories I have in rescue was with a 5 year old maltese rescued from one of the worst puppy mills in the midwest..she was so scared at first..but one night we were all in bed..just as I was about to drift off she walked up to me and kissed me on the cheek and then ran to the bottom of the bed as fast as she could. Still afraid but reaching out in love. I'll never forget that night...her first show of affection since being rescued.
============================================
My goal is to become the kind of person my pets think I am

My websites:
http://www.freewebs.com/ruthiesfanpages

My macaw said I'm a good girl and I believe him 8)
Noobs

Re: Dog Kisses

Post by Noobs »

I am pretty sure but not positive, that Victoria has said she's not a fan of getting licked in the face. I couldn't tell you where I saw/heard/read this, so don't take my word for it.

When I met Murphy at the shelter, I put the back of my hand near the gate of his kennel so he could sniff me. He licked it. I knew he was mine.
maximoo

Post by maximoo »

I am allergic to dog slobber except on my toes/knees lol... If Max does kiss me on my hands/arms I have to run & wash the area quickly.
It was on one of the ep og IMOTD wher VS expressed dislike of dog kisses on the face. Some dogs eat poop etc, so she is very cautious.
OhioRuthie

Post by OhioRuthie »

I'm allergice to animals..but I've notice like with the new puppy...the burning/itch goes away eventually...turns into sneezing and stuffy nose..then I'm okay..takes about a week or so to adjust. Getting poked with a cat claw is the worst though.

I remember being told dogs mouths were cleaner than humans that they have a special enzyme or something...also a dog licking a wound on a person helps it. I remember being little and having a really bad sunburn with blisters on my back and my mom sitting me in front of my uncle's dog so it would lick my back and it made it better.

I've read cases online where people still do this and it still works sometimes when nothing else does...is she only against poop eaters giving kisses?

My websites:

DogNut

Post by DogNut »

My dog sometimes eats poison ivy, so kisses from him might not be a good idea. :lol: Now I'm thinking of the song which says, "Gonna need an ocean of Calomine Lotion!". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kh555NjxnU
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

He hasn't done it in a while, but when my dog used to eat poop I would put a moratorium on kisses, and give him a bunch of baby carrots to wash his mouth out. :lol:
Jenna316

Post by Jenna316 »

Considering that dogs use their tongues much as we do toilet paper, I personally don't allow face kisses! :wink:
Zeldacorgi

Post by Zeldacorgi »

There are a few episodes where she voices her dislike of "doggy kisses" on the mouth and excessive licking everywhere else. I believe the episode with Holly Furfer (sp?) and her pitbull is an example of that.
OhioRuthie

Post by OhioRuthie »

Zeldacorgi wrote:There are a few episodes where she voices her dislike of "doggy kisses" on the mouth and excessive licking everywhere else. I believe the episode with Holly Furfer (sp?) and her pitbull is an example of that.
Thanks for clearing that up :)

My websites:

dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

There's also the episode with the four Wiemeraners.
--dontpugme
Zeldacorgi

Post by Zeldacorgi »

And the one with the white great dane...Harvey, I think?