Toilet training & Barking

Discussion of Victoria's TV show, It's Me or the Dog.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

sam.d.

Toilet training & Barking

Post by sam.d. »

Hi anyone,

Can someone please tell me which cleaning product was used to clean the kitchen to get rid of all traces of the urine and faeces? (series 4 episode with 2 greyhounds).

I have two puppy shitzus who we are currently puppy training and they are kept in the living room which has a laminate floor.

Any ideas on how to stop them barking when we are out of the room?

I have read Victoria's book and found it very helpful but could do with a bit more information on certain areas if anybody knows. :lol:

Thanks
BusyBee

Post by BusyBee »

Hello,

I know this post is almost a year old now, but I thought I'd answer it for anyone else searching for the answer...

I'm not sure what brand cleaner she used there, but I know you have to use something with enzymes that breakdown the residue.

We use "OUT! Natural" We buy it at Wal-Mart. We wipe up accidents on hard floors, or sop up as much as you can from carpets, and then spray on the OUT! On the hard floors we wipe it up after a minute or so. On the carpets I make sure I get out all the wetness I can with paper towels and then spray OUT! on the spot until you think you've sprayed too much. It needs to get as deep as the pee got so it can kill all the smell. If the pee gets through to the carpet pad and the OUT! does not, then the dog can still smell the pee on the padding below and takes that as a sign to "pee here."

As far as getting the dogs to stop barking, its kind of like having a baby...

Make sure they're not hungry, thirsty, or need to go potty. Then give them a couple good toys like stuffed kongs, balls, stuffed animals, or bully sticks to keep them busy. I'll also leave a small radio on when I'm not around to keep the sounds going. I know I'd go nuts in a place with no sounds... though somedays it sounds REALLY nice!
louisa

Post by louisa »

It is stain & odour remover you can buy it in most pet shops, it is brilliant.