Pharamone collar

Discussion of Victoria's TV show, It's Me or the Dog.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

margaret 1

Pharamone collar

Post by margaret 1 »

Hi Victoria:

Finally, maybe we have hit the target. I have a Yorkshire Terrier that is very hyper, barks all the time, and is very anxious. He chases the other dogs until they are afraid to come around him. On your show of 7/6/10, you put a collar on a Whinearimer (sp) which was a pharamone collar. Where can I purchase one of those collars? I hate the bark collars, as Houston doesn't realize where the zap comes from, and maybe this collar would work.

Please advise me if you sell these, or where I could purchase one.

Love your way of training dogs. Have used many of your tips.

Thank you for your help.
Mattie

Re: Pharamone collar

Post by Mattie »

Hi Margaret, we really need more information, we should be able to help you if you provide it but the first thing is to take that bark collar off him, it is making his problems a lot worse than they should be. Victoria will tell you to throw it in the bin, she has done this to owners who used them.

Dogs are often hyper because the food they are fed is wrong for that dog, it may suit others but like humans, food can have different effects. If you can put up which food you use and the ingredients, we can help.

We really need a run down on his normal day, as much information as possible please including what he barks at, his body language etc. We also need how much exerecise he gets, what type, what training he gets, how you train him etc. We love long posts, they give us more information and that means we can help better.

I haven't seen the show where Victoria put a collar on a Weimaraner but I suspect it is a DAP collar, they can be bought in most vets. Like all things they work with some but not others.

From one Margaret to another, Welcome to the forum. :D
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]