bully breeds- new episode

Discussion of Victoria's TV show, It's Me or the Dog.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

sj96skittles

bully breeds- new episode

Post by sj96skittles »

i just saw the new episode tonite- bully breeds. 2 dogs that fought alot cuz 1 of them was jelous for attention. one of the dogs had heartworms and i was wondering y dont u walk a dog with heartworms? how does it effect their heartworms and y did the owner decide to wait 4 a month to give the dog the medicine. y didnt he give it to the dog right now?
Leigha

Re: bully breeds- new episode

Post by Leigha »

From what was said on the show, when the medicine kills the worms they can form clots... so I would guess that the exercise would cause the heart to pump harder/faster whatever and dislodge a clot of the worms, that would then travel through the body and cause serious problems. Like if it went to the dogs lungs, brain, etc. If the dog is resting that's less likely to happen.
Noobs

Re: bully breeds- new episode

Post by Noobs »

It was also mentioned that they were not able to financially handle the heartworm treatment and they were saving up for it. At the time of the update (3 weeks after training w/ Victoria) they said, I believe, that they were just one more week away from being able to pay for it.