WOW.

Discussion of Victoria's TV show, It's Me or the Dog.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

forkin14

WOW.

Post by forkin14 »

After watching the most recent episode (the one with Buddy the Jack Russell), I am even more amazed with Victoria's techniques. The dogs this season are all severely in need of a REAL trainers help (along with the owners as well). I especially loved the show with the Shih Tzu that was completely out of control (I forget the name), had lost an eye due to abuse, and the owners were using a choke collar for her. The dog did a COMPLETE turn-around with Victoria's positive methods. I really wish there was a way people who use "quick-fix" techniques, like choke collars/shock collars/etc, could see that episode. It really proves that those old school methods do not work whatsoever. My boyfriend saw that episode, and being a guy he never really saw anything bad with a shock collar and wanted one for Cadence, but he was astounded the way the little Shih Tzu began changing with just positive reinforcement and no longer believes those methods work for dogs.

I just love seeing the owners be amazed with the techniques and seeing their "little nightmare" change in front of their eyes to the family pet they always wanted.
dontpugme

Re: WOW.

Post by dontpugme »

The dog's name was Princess.