Thanks to Victoria!

Discussion of Victoria's TV show, It's Me or the Dog.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

mistersmistress

Thanks to Victoria!

Post by mistersmistress »

We have just welcomed a little (at the moment) collie GSH cross puppy, who was abandoned in a litter from the age of 2 and half weeks. Having had dogs before I thought I knew quite a bit about them, but after reading Victoria's book and seeing her television show, I realise I knew very very little at all. We have had the pup from about 6 weeks (young, we know, but from dog's trust, so we guess they knew what they were doing) and I have religously stuck to the constistant methods, and little Mister has already learnt to be clean in the house, to sit, stay, down, fetch, watch me and take food gently ! I would never had dreamed of starting his obedience training so early, had I not heard of Victoria Stilwell, so many thanks there, only one thing.......... he still has to learn how not to nip so hard in play, but not bad considering he was separated from littermates early!!!

THANK YOU! can't wait for next series!
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Well done for taking the time to figure out what you need to learn! So many people dont.

Have a read through some of the posts in the Methods area of the forum there are quite a few about nipping/play biting and how to teach a dog to stop doing it.

Em