thank you Victoria!

Discussion of Victoria's TV show, It's Me or the Dog.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

leigh

thank you Victoria!

Post by leigh »

I just have to say a HUGE thank you to Victoria, for giving me the inspiration to follow my REAL dreams.

I graduate as a reigstered nurse in less than 6 weeks, and for the last 2 years I have known that I didn't really WANT to be a nurse, but didnt know what i DID want to do.

I met my partner in May last year, and moved in with her dog, and my whole life changed - I now had 2 people to love, not just me! She gave me my own pup for Christmas, and all of a sudden I found what I wanted to do! I wanted to work with animals.

I realised I wasn't smart enough to become a vet, and so thought of settling for a vet nurse, but I knew I wanted to do puppy training - but HOW?! Then your show came on.

Amazingly enough, despite my good grades, I didn't get accepted at any hospitals for the first intake of graduate nurses next year - and was devastated, until I realised that it had happened for a reason! I didn't really want to be a nurse, I want to work with animals! I researched online, and found somewhere that I can train next year (even though it means flying interstate once a month) to become a dog trainer. I hope to one day either own my own training business, or work for customs training our countrie's little beagles!

Your show is my absolute favourite show EVER EVER EVER, I am glued to the tv every Sunday night. Thank you SO much for your show, and for the training tips you give - I have already started to use the "quiet" and "speak" and "watch me" methods with my dogs, I have started walking them daily instead of just playing outside with them - and they are LOVING all the new sights and sniffs they get to see and do! I don't know what I'd do without our 2 dogs, and on the days that we have to leave early and be out of the house for more than 3 hours at a time, I have taken your advice, and made the sacrifice of getting up early with the sun, and walking them and playing with them before we go out. It really has made a huge difference in their happiness!

We still have a long way to go, but it's fun for me, it's fun for them, and it is so rewarding for all of us, to teach them new tricks and training methods. I look forward to learning as much as I can from you! And I'll be posting heaps on here!

Thanks Victoria and team!