EARRINGS?

Discussion of Victoria's TV show, It's Me or the Dog.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

maximoo

EARRINGS?

Post by maximoo »

Has anyone else noticed that VS never wears earrings. I don't think her ears are pierced. Simple pretty earrings wld be nice. Maybe her ears are/were pierced but had allergic reactions to the metals :?
Does anyone know why she never wears earrings? It's not important, it's just something I noticed and got curious about.
Oprah got her ears pierced (on her show) about 2 yrs ago at age 52.
moonstar67

Post by moonstar67 »

In Europe having pierced ears is nowhere near as common as it is here in the States, so I would guess she never has had them pierced.
wvvdiup1

Earrings?

Post by wvvdiup1 »

I don't think it is practical to wear earrings when working with dogs for obvious reasons. Besides, I don't have my ears pierced and I don't wear clip-on earrings either! I think they're a pain in the butt!

wvvdiup1
maximoo

Post by maximoo »

Iwatched the brit ep of the lady with 6 dogs (and she gave them ice cream cones and tea,) and VS had on little stud earrings. I think they were pearls or a little diamond--very small --hard to tell.

To Moonstar (and/or other british ladies) why aren't pierced ears as common in the UK as in the US?

To wv. Small or medium earrings wouldn't be a problem.. Probably lrg earrings wldn't be a problem either unless dog jumps up to your face and tries to bite them or something....I like earrings but some people don't care for them. Anyway to each his own.
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

I have no idea why pierced ears might be less common in the UK... I would'nt have said they were less common really...I dunno.

Mine are pierced, I grovelled to Mother to be allowed to have them done when I was 11, and got my way (in the end :twisted: ).

Her view (and I've no idea if this is a widely held view or not) was that very young children having ears pierced was 'common'...

But then her views on a lot of things were hmm... interesting!

I don't wear earrings these days purely because having five bouncey dogs and also keeping pet rats who sit on my shoulders, I dont fancy an earring being ripped out accidentally..... or by a kleptomaniac rodent entranced by the 'pritty shiny thiiiiiings' (as rats do... little gits!).
wvvdiup1

Earrings

Post by wvvdiup1 »

I just hope the "body-piercing fad," and hopefully soon, ear piercing, is in the past! Just think, you have two holes for your eyes to see, two holes for your ears to listen, one hole for you to speak, to name just a few in addition to the millions of tiny holes we call pores! Why in the world would you deliberately add more holes to your body?

One thing I am hopeful is that no one didn't pierce their dogs or other animals!

wvvdiup1
maximoo

Post by maximoo »

I think earrings are pretty. I do not like earrings on a guy. ick!
Body piercing is very weird/strange to me as I am a middle aged woman.
Very conservative, certain religious folks often shun makeup/earrings, etc. Isn't it interesting that we are all different. 8)
mum24dog

Post by mum24dog »

emmabeth wrote:I have no idea why pierced ears might be less common in the UK... I would'nt have said they were less common really...I dunno.

I don't know how common it in in the US but it's certainly common here in the UK.
Her view (and I've no idea if this is a widely held view or not) was that very young children having ears pierced was 'common'...

I'm afraid that's my gut reaction too, and I'm not usually a snob. In my childhood gypsies were considered the lowest of the low and only their children would be seen with earrings so it's probably a hangover from that.

Also I think it's inappropriate to inflict such things on young children for the sake of appearance.

I was 32 when I had mine pierced and those of my daughter who chose to have theirs done were 13 and 14 at the time. Still a bit young IMO. I rarely wear earrings though.

Pam
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

I am too much of a coward to have my ears pierced, :lol:
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

Haha, Mattie!

"My dog used to try to bite my face off. No problem. But DO NOT put tiny holes in my ears!"
maximoo

Post by maximoo »

It is not painful, it's like a tiny pinch. My dghtr who is the biggest coward inthe world was brave enough to get hers done 2 ears ago at age 9. She had watched her aunt get 2nd holes and watched Oprah (at 53)get hers done on her show. Earlier this year she went back and got her 2nd hole. That's all I'll let her get.
Believe me the anticipation of pain is 1000x worse than what it actually is.
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

Noobs wrote:Haha, Mattie!

"My dog used to try to bite my face off. No problem. But DO NOT put tiny holes in my ears!"
You don't anticipate dog bites Noobs, and is why my hands are covered in bite scars. :lol:
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

Mattie wrote:
Noobs wrote:Haha, Mattie!

You don't anticipate dog bites Noobs, and is why my hands are covered in bite scars. :lol:
Haha, true enough. I don't have bite scars, but I have nasty scratches from running dogs slamming into my legs at the park, and on my arms from when Murphy was in his mouthy/jumpy phase. :)
Paul&Muttley

A guy's point of view

Post by Paul&Muttley »

If I can offer my point of view as a guy, I have never found fashion accessories such as earrings all that attractive, and the same goes for things like high heels and tattoos. Small adornments are OK, but I prefer a more natural look. Many women I know are volleyball athletes and hikers, and they look just fine when appropriately attired for such activities. :wink:

I never noticed if Victoria wears earrings or other jewelry. Some items might be a liability and possibly dangerous for a dog trainer. I might add that she always looks fine, but some attire such as the "dominatrix" look seems to be a bit distracting and may detract from her credibility as a serious dog trainer. JMHO. I'm more interested in her philosophy and techniques. :)
sj96skittles

Post by sj96skittles »

she wore earings on greatest american dog. she wore studs in the prince episode.