"Meet a dog a day"

Discussion of Victoria's TV show, It's Me or the Dog.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Fundog

"Meet a dog a day"

Post by Fundog »

Actually, this episode was about "Dillon the Villain," and although I had seen it once before, I just saw it again-- just now. And toward the end of the program, a very good bit of advice was summarized that I thought very appropriate to share here: "Meet a dog a day." This was the advice given to help a highly dog-reactive giant breed puppy get the socialization he had never had earlier in his life. The other bit that stated again, was, of course, to turn and walk the other way until the dog is calmer, and then bring him back around and try the intro again. Victoria also had a basket muzzle on Dillon, at first, for added safety. Then, when he was calmer, and had been introduced to the other dog with no mishaps, then she took the muzzle off. Dillon's owners were given the assignment to "meet a dog a day" for the next two weeks, until her follow-up visit. I thought it was good advice.
Maxy24

Post by Maxy24 »

It's VERY good advice, and all puppy owners should do this (and meet a person a day) or even more than this for the dog's entire puppy hood to prevent these problems from ever happening. VERY good advice.